Adware & Spyware....what next ???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Trent SC, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Trent SC

    Trent SC Guest

    > Can anybody tell me what to do after I have run the spyware and adware
    > programs I have installed.
    >
    > When the scans are complete I get a list of files/reg keys etc etc that

    have
    > been detected as spyware. I mark them for deletion and delete them, they

    are
    > placed in Quarantine and I move on......
    >
    > What should I do next, do I just leave them in the quarantine/log....?????

    Which programs? Which Operating System? Which files? Which registry keys?
    Trent SC, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Trent SC

    Steve Guest

    Can anybody tell me what to do after I have run the spyware and adware
    programs I have installed.

    When the scans are complete I get a list of files/reg keys etc etc that have
    been detected as spyware. I mark them for deletion and delete them, they are
    placed in Quarantine and I move on......

    What should I do next, do I just leave them in the quarantine/log....?????

    Many Thanks in advance

    Steve
    Steve, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Trent SC

    Palindrome Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > Can anybody tell me what to do after I have run the spyware and adware
    > programs I have installed.
    >
    > When the scans are complete I get a list of files/reg keys etc etc that have
    > been detected as spyware. I mark them for deletion and delete them, they are
    > placed in Quarantine and I move on......
    >
    > What should I do next, do I just leave them in the quarantine/log....?????
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance
    >
    > Steve

    I would go and get a beer from the icebox. :)
    Palindrome, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Trent SC

    Steve Guest

    Sorry

    Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6, Windows ME, various data miners and reg keys
    Steve, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Trent SC

    hushia Guest

    "Palindrome" <> wrote in message
    > Steve wrote:
    >
    > > Can anybody tell me what to do after I have run the spyware and adware
    > > programs I have installed.

    <snip>
    > > What should I do next, do I just leave them in the

    quarantine/log....?????

    > I would go and get a beer from the icebox. :)

    Yeah.. let them suffer and think about their sins for a while. When they are
    repentant you can let them out again. You probably think that is a good idea
    after a couple of beers anyway.
    hushia, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Trent SC

    Trent SC Guest

    > Sorry
    >
    > Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6, Windows ME, various data miners and reg keys

    Leave them in the quarantine for a week or so, make sure there aren't any
    serious after effects from pulling them from their original locations, then
    dump 'em.
    Trent SC, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Once upon a time, OK, it really happened on Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:38:51
    +0100, "Steve" <> claimed the following
    truncated trash was the absolute, fucking truth:

    >Can anybody tell me what to do after I have run the spyware and adware
    >programs I have installed.
    >
    >When the scans are complete I get a list of files/reg keys etc etc that have
    >been detected as spyware. I mark them for deletion and delete them, they are
    >placed in Quarantine and I move on......
    >
    >What should I do next, do I just leave them in the quarantine/log....?????
    >
    >Many Thanks in advance
    >
    >Steve

    You can leave them there or delete them. Adaware only leaves them
    behind in case it screws up some adware program that you may be using,
    such as Kazaa.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Apr 7, 2004
  8. Trent SC

    °Mike° Guest

    Leave them until you are sure that removal has/is
    causing no problems.

    Safe Hex
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Safe Computing Guide