  1. chezmoore

    chezmoore Guest

    What are the best programs to defeat adware, spyware and pop-ups???

    chezmoore, Jun 25, 2005

  2. chezmoore

    samuel Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. chezmoore

    samuel Guest

    "chezmoore" <> wrote in
    news:1Rhve.104164$nG6.40709@attbi_s22:

    > pop-ups???

    mozilla for pop-ups and browsing or thunderbird

    mozilla.org

    samuel, Jun 25, 2005
  4. chezmoore

    Guest

    On "chezmoore" <> wrote:

    |>What are the best programs to defeat adware, spyware and pop-ups???

    I use to say common sense, that no longer works, as my audio drivers
    are spying on me (ALCMTR.EXE) :}

    I found a combo of HijackThis and Teatimer (included in Spybot)
    works very well.

    HIjackThis to remove the entry and Teatimer to keep it from
    reinstalling itself to the registry.

    There is an error in the latest Teatimer - you can't read the buttons,
    remember- Left-Yes Right-NO

    --
    http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf (DSL)

    , Jun 25, 2005