    --
    "Vivere commune est, sed non commune mereri." - Everybody lives; not
    everybody deserves to

    =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=, Feb 9, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

    Lem Guest

    Ryan wrote:
    > Help please,
    >
    > I keep getting a pop up that says System Alert! telling me that there are a
    > number of active spywares on my computer, and that I should select the baloon
    > to remove the spyware, etc. Thing is, when I do that it takes me to site
    > where I am offered to download a new and improved anti-spyware program.
    >
    > I know Ihave no such thing on my system as I have run Norton numerous times
    > and nothing is detected. I have however just gotten rid of something called
    > Errorsafe or something along those lines.
    >
    > I really would like to get rid of this damn thing, and I have even visited
    > the symantec website for help, but to no avail.
    >
    > Is there anything I can do, any suggestions would be much appreciated, as at
    > the moment I am on the brink of insanity
    >
    > Kindest regards

    You are infested with at least one and possibly more malware
    applications. An antivirus alone is not sufficient to protect your
    computer.

    Removal of Errorsafe calls for rather elaborate methods. You may or may
    not have cleaned it all out.

    I suggest you carefully read and then follow MS-MVP Malke's advice on
    removing malware:
    http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Smitfraud_Trojan

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Hi
    You should know that there are Sites on the Internet that use this type of
    scare tactics in order to lure you to buy their products.
    In general if your WinXP SP2 Firewall is On (or you use other software
    Firewall, or and, a Wireless Router). Sites can not evaluate your system
    through the Internet, without your permission, an and not matter what it is
    a process that takes long time, and can not be done within few seconds of
    logging to a site.
    You should also avoid sites that allow this type of advertising on their
    pages.
    However you should have software to protect your system and scan it
    periodically.
    Microsoft and other companies are offering for free good software for this
    purpose.
    http://www.ezlan.net/security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 9, 2007