    do the job using both normal BT line plus Voipcheap on the same handset
    Thanks
    John

    Johnnie Scott, Jan 14, 2007

  2. Johnnie Scott

    Jono Guest

    Johnnie Scott formulated the question :
    > I am using voipcheap at present via PC. I am about to purchase a three way
    > dect/amswerphone set. Can someone please help me choose a unit that would do
    > the job using both normal BT line plus Voipcheap on the same handset
    > Thanks
    > John

    Linksys SPA3102

    Jono, Jan 14, 2007

  3. Johnnie Scott

    ale.cx Guest

    Johnnie Scott wrote:
    > I am using voipcheap at present via PC. I am about to purchase a three way
    > dect/amswerphone set. Can someone please help me choose a unit that would
    > do the job using both normal BT line plus Voipcheap on the same handset

    If you want just one box, try a Siemens C460-IP

    alexd

    ale.cx, Jan 14, 2007
  4. Johnnie Scott

    Ross Beer Guest

    ale.cx wrote:
    > Johnnie Scott wrote:
    >> I am using voipcheap at present via PC. I am about to purchase a three way
    >> dect/amswerphone set. Can someone please help me choose a unit that would
    >> do the job using both normal BT line plus Voipcheap on the same handset

    > If you want just one box, try a Siemens C460-IP
    >
    > alexd

    I would have to agree, the Siemens C460-IP is the ideal phone. It
    handles VoIP and PSTN calls, which means that there is no need for an
    additional ATA. You can add more handsets and even make VoIP and PSTN
    calls at the same time.

    Ross

    -----------------------
    Ross Beer
    VoiceHost Support
    www.voicehost.co.uk

    Ross Beer, Jan 15, 2007
  5. Johnnie Scott

    Tim Guest

    ale.cx wrote:
    > Johnnie Scott wrote:
    >> I am using voipcheap at present via PC. I am about to purchase a three way
    >> dect/amswerphone set. Can someone please help me choose a unit that would
    >> do the job using both normal BT line plus Voipcheap on the same handset

    > If you want just one box, try a Siemens C460-IP

    You can add extra handsets onto these too. C46 is the part code for these.

    You can choose whether to dial out on SIP or PSTN by how long you hold
    the green button when you dial the call.

    The downside, is that the base will only do 1 SIP call and 1 PSTN call
    simultaneously.

    The C460IP is a very simple SIP device - no clever dial plans and not
    many settings. Works well.

    If you want to do clever dial plans or have a device with 100's of
    settings to tweak, then buy a Linksys SPA-3102. (but then you can only
    do 1 call)

    No answerphone on the C460IP though, but on the PSTN side no reason why
    you couldn't just put the answering machine into another phone socket.

    Tim

    Tim, Jan 15, 2007
  6. Johnnie Scott

    Jono Guest

    Tim was thinking very hard :

    > If you want to do clever dial plans or have a device with 100's of
    > settings to tweak, then buy a Linksys SPA-3102. (but then you can only
    > do 1 call)

    > Tim

    However, the SPA3102 is even more configurable than you suggest.

    For instance, using it as an extension & PSTN interface with Asterisk,
    I can make a (VoIP) call from the connected handset whilst someone else
    uses the PSTN side, admittedly from another extension - I think what
    I'm trying to say is it /can/ handle more than one call at a time, if
    your equipment supports it.

    Jono, Jan 15, 2007
  7. Johnnie Scott

    ale.cx Guest

    Ross Beer wrote:
    > ale.cx wrote:
    > > Johnnie Scott wrote:
    > >> I am using voipcheap at present via PC. I am about to purchase a three way
    > >> dect/amswerphone set. Can someone please help me choose a unit that would
    > >> do the job using both normal BT line plus Voipcheap on the same handset

    > > If you want just one box, try a Siemens C460-IP
    > >
    > > alexd
    > >

    > I would have to agree, the Siemens C460-IP is the ideal phone. It
    > handles VoIP and PSTN calls, which means that there is no need for an
    > additional ATA. You can add more handsets and even make VoIP and PSTN
    > calls at the same time.

    Out of interest, is it possible to have the handsets register with more
    than one base station at a time, or roam between them? Just imagine,
    your very own on-site mobile phone network ;-)

    alexd

    ale.cx, Jan 15, 2007
  8. Johnnie Scott

    Tim Guest

    ale.cx wrote:
    > Out of interest, is it possible to have the handsets register with more
    > than one base station at a time, or roam between them? Just imagine,
    > your very own on-site mobile phone network ;-)

    The C46 handsets supplied at standard will only register to 1 base.

    However, I have an old (3 years, very nice) Siemens's handset at home
    that will register to more than 1 DECT base. But only 1 base station
    at a time. but if you use the same SIP account on multiple base
    stations this doesn't matter.

    However, if you do want the all singing all dancing, roaming dect
    system. Buy an Icon Kirk system. It will cost you thousands but it
    does everything. Not sure if they have sorted their SIP implementation
    yet though.

    Tim

    Tim, Jan 19, 2007