    Model: Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera
    Cheers,
    Arawak
    Arawak, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Arawak

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:52:29 -0700 "Arawak"
    used 9 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >I can't find the original CD and and when I plug the USB connector
    >from the camera to my PC running XP Pro, it identifies the new
    >hardware (camera) correctly but asks for drivers to be installed.
    >Any help is appreciated. Olympus website just offers a download for
    >the upgraded software version which will not install without the
    >original CD program.
    >Model: Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera

    I may be mistaken, but I think if you just go to "My Computer" you'll
    see a drive letter that maps to the camera. My friend has one and I
    hooked it up to my computer once (and we didn't have drivers).

    That Cammedia software is crap anyway. I sucked the pictures right
    off the camera and edited them with PaintShop Pro.

    --
    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email
    G. Morgan, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Arawak

    treehugger Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:52:29 -0700 "Arawak"
    > used 9 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >
    >>I can't find the original CD and and when I plug the USB connector
    >>from the camera to my PC running XP Pro, it identifies the new
    >>hardware (camera) correctly but asks for drivers to be installed.
    >>Any help is appreciated. Olympus website just offers a download for
    >>the upgraded software version which will not install without the
    >>original CD program.
    >>Model: Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera

    > I may be mistaken, but I think if you just go to "My Computer" you'll
    > see a drive letter that maps to the camera. My friend has one and I
    > hooked it up to my computer once (and we didn't have drivers).
    >
    > That Cammedia software is crap anyway. I sucked the pictures right
    > off the camera and edited them with PaintShop Pro.
    >

    > --
    > -Graham

    See: http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/#driver
    The c-3030 is not listed but the c-3020 is. It wouldn't hurt to try these drivers and I guess they'll probably work.

    treehugger
    treehugger, Nov 18, 2004