  1. hi I am a Computer Information Systems student...I am new to this MCSE
    thing..I really don't know do I really need it??What do I do first, and how
    do I get it??
    =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3IxMjM=?=, Dec 16, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3IxMjM=?=

    CertGuard Guest

    That all depends on what you want to do. If you want to run the IT
    Department of a medium to large company, then my suggestion leans toward
    staying on the Computer Science Degree (Masters Degree at a minimum) in
    which case, no you wouldn't need it.

    If you just want to be a tech (starting out of course) and work your way up
    the techie ladder (as most of us are doing, or have done) then I would
    suggest at least getting your BS (AS as an absolute minimum) and starting
    out at a small company (or interning) to get some experience.

    Few companies nowadays will hire someone with *just* an MCSE. Because of all
    the cheaters and braindumpers out there, the reputation of the 'certificate'
    has been nearly ruined.

    If you're interested in the MCSE, then there are two places I suggest
    starting.

    #1, Microsoft. It's their certification, they have the best information
    about it.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/default.mspx

    #2, CertGuard. Our client base is slowly growing, but we can help you out as
    much as possible and keep you on the right track without risking your
    certifications.
    http://www.certguard.com/

    HTH

    --
    CertGuard
    You Think you know IT?!

    CertGuard, Dec 16, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3IxMjM=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >hi I am a Computer Information Systems student...I am new to this MCSE
    >thing..I really don't know do I really need it??What do I do first, and how
    >do I get it??

    quit now and save yourself any further embarrassment.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Dec 18, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3IxMjM=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >thanks for responding..by the way wat do ya mean by quit now...????

    if you really cannot figure out, for yourself, what is required to
    become an mcse, how on Earth do you expect to make a career for
    yourself within the IT industry?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Dec 18, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cmF6b3IxMjM=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:10:01 -0800, razor123 cast into the ether:

    > thanks for responding..by the way wat do ya mean by quit now...????

    See.

    You really should have quit before you removed all doubt.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Dec 18, 2006