    I am seeking advice on which voip adapter to buy: i have my eye on the
    Linksys PAP2T and the Linksys SPA2002. As the specification is confusing
    I would welcome any recommendations. thanks

    Tony Grayson, Sep 24, 2006

  2. Tony Grayson

    Paul Guest

    Tony Grayson wrote:
    > I am seeking advice on which voip adapter to buy: i have my eye on the
    > Linksys PAP2T and the Linksys SPA2002. As the specification is confusing
    > I would welcome any recommendations. thanks

    What do you want it to be able to do? The PAP2T and SPA-2002 are
    similar to each other (the PAP2T will eventually replace the 2002
    altogether). The only issue with the PAP2T is that is has less powerful
    hardware and is only capable of one G.729 call at once where as the 2002
    is capable of two. This isn't a problem for the vast majority of people
    as you're better off sticking with the normal G711 codecs unless you
    have a very poor/highly used Internet connection.

    Both those adaptors allow you to connect two analogue phones and
    configure them with their own VoIP accounts.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul, Sep 25, 2006

  3. Tony Grayson

    Tony Grayson Guest

    Paul <> wrote:

    > Tony Grayson wrote:
    > > I am seeking advice on which voip adapter to buy: i have my eye on the
    > > Linksys PAP2T and the Linksys SPA2002. As the specification is confusing
    > > I would welcome any recommendations. thanks

    > What do you want it to be able to do? The PAP2T and SPA-2002 are
    > similar to each other (the PAP2T will eventually replace the 2002
    > altogether). The only issue with the PAP2T is that is has less powerful
    > hardware and is only capable of one G.729 call at once where as the 2002
    > is capable of two. This isn't a problem for the vast majority of people
    > as you're better off sticking with the normal G711 codecs unless you
    > have a very poor/highly used Internet connection.
    >
    > Both those adaptors allow you to connect two analogue phones and
    > configure them with their own VoIP accounts.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Paul.

    Paul, Thanks for your advice and assistance
    Tony

    Tony Grayson, Sep 27, 2006
  4. Tony Grayson

    Tony Grayson Guest