    do with that?

    Appreciate any help, as always!

    Barb

    Barb, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Barb

    °Mike° Guest

    I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I'd check your
    system for spyware/malware, if I were you.

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:07:25 -0000, in
    <bp5fhg$1kdo29$-berlin.de>
    Barb scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Barb

    °Mike° Guest

    Oh, and deleting any cookies from:

    msn.com
    passport.com
    passport.net
    hotmail.com

    and any variation of, might be a good idea.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Barb

    Barb Guest

    Thanks for the advice, I have installed and run Spybot, but it hasn't made
    any difference. How do I delete the cookies from those sites, is it through
    Internet Options? Never been sure about this.

    Appreciate the help.

    Barab

    Barb, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Barb

    °Mike° Guest

    You delete cookies from the Windows\Cookies folder.
    They are just text files, and will have the domain name
    after the @ sign, something like .

    You can also use a third party cookie manager, like
    Cookie Pal - managing cookies is *much* easier.
    http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:57:15 -0000, in
    <bp83ae$1m9h3e$-berlin.de>
    Barb scrawled:

    >Thanks for the advice, I have installed and run Spybot, but it
    >hasn't made any difference. How do I delete the cookies from
    >those sites, is it through Internet Options? Never been sure
    >about this.
    >
    >Appreciate the help.
    >
    >Barab
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Oh, and deleting any cookies from:
    >>
    >> msn.com
    >> passport.com
    >> passport.net
    >> hotmail.com
    >>
    >> and any variation of, might be a good idea.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Barb

    Barb Guest

    Thanks for that link, Mike. I've downloaded it and it seems a really
    helpful programme.

    Barb

    Barb, Nov 16, 2003
  7. Barb

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome. I like it too; it's well worth the money.

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:34:40 -0000, in
    <bp85gj$1k5ala$-berlin.de>
    Barb scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003