    been disabled when I return and I have to re-enable it.

    Is there a way of keeping it enabled? The router stays connected ok.

    Gary

    Gary Jackson, May 1, 2005

  2. Gary Jackson

    Malke Guest

    Gary Jackson wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running a wireless router and network adaptor with windows xp
    > home. When I leave the PC for some time, my network connection has
    > been disabled when I return and I have to re-enable it.
    >
    > Is there a way of keeping it enabled? The router stays connected ok.
    >
    > Gary

    Look at the network adapter's Properties from Device Manager (Control
    Panel>System>Hardware). On the Power Management tab, uncheck "Allow
    Windows to turn off this device when not in use" and see if that helps.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, May 1, 2005

  3. Gary Jackson

    Guest

    Malke wrote:

    > Look at the network adapter's Properties from Device Manager (Control
    > Panel>System>Hardware). On the Power Management tab, uncheck "Allow
    > Windows to turn off this device when not in use" and see if that

    helps.

    > Malke

    Thanks Malke, however this network adaptor doesn't have a power
    management tab in device manager. The options are -
    General-Advanced-Driver and Resources. No reference to power management
    on it.
    However, my cable adaptor does have power management listed as an
    option and that worlks fine.

    A clue maybe?

    Gary

    , May 8, 2005