    After that I am not sure. What would be the best elective
    for a help desk type.

    Any and all opinions would be appreciated.
    myrt webb, Apr 10, 2004

  2. myrt webb

    TechGeekPro Guest

    If you're interested in security, go with security. You could then go for
    the security speciality.

    --
    I may not be fully certified, but I am fully certifiable.

    TechGeekPro, Apr 10, 2004

  3. MCSE help desk?
    Isn't it stupid? :/ MCSE's should be designing networks... :/
    Damned industry.

    Sartan Dragonbane, Apr 10, 2004
  4. myrt webb

    myrt webb Guest

    Help desk stuff is OK with me. I'm retired and I do it
    more as a hobby than anything else.

    myrt webb, Apr 10, 2004
  5. myrt webb

    Neil Guest

    "myrt webb" <> wrote in

    > Help desk stuff is OK with me. I'm retired and I do it
    > more as a hobby than anything else.

    <snipage>

    >>> Question- which design cert should I go for. I am

    > leaning
    >>> toward the security cert but only because I am

    > interested
    >>> in security.
    >>>
    >>> After that I am not sure. What would be the best

    > elective
    >>> for a help desk type.
    >>>
    >>> Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

    >>.

    oakely, doakly. I think you've answered a few of your own questions. since
    you're retired and doing this as a hobby, I think we can say that the fate
    of the free world doesn't hang in the balance of which ones you pick. I
    normally tell students to choose the electives that would be most
    beneficial to the organization you work for. In your case, go for what
    interests you. You mentioned security, ok. Helpdesk? Look into what's in
    the MCSA (70-218) or the new MCDST track. And maybe you should brach out
    into other things. Have a look at SQL or Exchange. You may find that the
    skills you learn in these subjects will benefit you in your current
    position, give you an insight into some underlying Windows technology and
    be just plain interesting.

    have a peek
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

    enjoy...

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 10, 2004
  6. myrt webb

    Neil Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > And maybe you should brach out
    > into other things. Have a look at SQL or Exchange.

    nob that I am, I now noticed the 224 exam in the bunch...

    I assume the security exam will be the design exam. Otherwise your list is
    short a Desgin. You may find that the GPO knowledge that you have will help
    you with the AD design exam.

    If you are just looking for that one estra exam, the 218 will give you the
    MCSA cert too (another thing to hang on the wall, and you get another
    "chick magnet" lapel pin <grin>)

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 10, 2004
  7. >another thing to hang on the wall, and you get another
    >"chick magnet" lapel pin

    For those wealthy retired people, the lapel pin works really well with
    the yacht, the Beverly Hills Estate and the private sports car
    collection.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 10, 2004
  8. myrt webb

    Neil Guest

    >>another thing to hang on the wall, and you get another
    >>"chick magnet" lapel pin

    > For those wealthy retired people, the lapel pin works really well with
    > the yacht, the Beverly Hills Estate and the private sports car
    > collection.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    let's not forget the French Château. The chick magnet is more of a draw to
    the young girls than a rich old man with a bad cough.

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 11, 2004
  9. myrt webb

    Consultant Guest

    microsoft + security = does not make sense

    Consultant, Apr 12, 2004
  10. myrt webb

    Consultant Guest

    i wear mine on the slopes

    Consultant, Apr 12, 2004
  11. myrt webb

    virginia Guest

    hie
    i am studying for MCSE exams.were did you get the study
    material. am looking for some

    virginia, Apr 13, 2004