    requirements.

    Many thanks in advance
    Ben.

    Benny Montgomerie, May 3, 2004

  2. Benny Montgomerie

    Savidge4 Guest

    >I currently own an old 1.3MP Fuji MX-1200 and want to upgrade to something
    >a little better.
    >
    >My guidelines are as follows:
    >1) Optical zoom is a requirement - around 3x
    >2) Ability to take short movie clips with or without sound
    >3) Smartmedia storage, as I already have a 64Mb SM card in my current cam.
    >
    >I'm not overly concerned about MPixels as the camera is only for general
    >use, holidays, etc.
    >
    >So basically the cheapest (or best value for money) camera that fits my
    >requirements.
    >
    >Many thanks in advance
    >Ben.

    Ben you may want to try http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp place in
    your requirements and see what happens. I will note that you will want to be
    more specific with your requirements to get better results.

    hope that helps!

    Savidge4, May 3, 2004

  3. "Benny Montgomerie" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > So basically the cheapest (or best value for money) camera that fits my

    requirements.

    No new models use SmartMedia. A 64MB card is not all that useful in a 3-5Mp
    camera anyway. Don't let that be a deciding factor in your selection.

    See http://digitalcamerashortlist.com for recommendations.

    I'd look at the Canon A75 ($240) or Canon A80 ($304).

    Steve
    http://digitalcamerashortlist.com

    Steven M. Scharf, May 3, 2004
  4. Benny Montgomerie

    Mike Guest

    Ben

    I know there are a lot of high tech cameras out there but for your
    specs I think a Kodak CX6230 would do just fine. I bought one for my
    kid for christmas and it works fine. 2.0 meg pixel, MM or SD medium,
    plus about 20 pics on the internal memory, 3x optical zoom, video with
    sound ..all for about $110. Nice upgrade for a little money.

    Hope this helps....

    Mike

    Mike, May 3, 2004
  5. "Benny Montgomerie" <> writes:

    > Hi
    >
    > I currently own an old 1.3MP Fuji MX-1200 and want to upgrade to something
    > a little better.
    >
    > My guidelines are as follows:
    > 1) Optical zoom is a requirement - around 3x
    > 2) Ability to take short movie clips with or without sound
    > 3) Smartmedia storage, as I already have a 64Mb SM card in my current cam.
    >
    > I'm not overly concerned about MPixels as the camera is only for general
    > use, holidays, etc.
    >
    > So basically the cheapest (or best value for money) camera that fits my
    > requirements.

    Unfortunately no new SM cameras have been made in awhile. You might check
    Costco and company, the last I saw, they were selling the Olympus C-4000Z which
    is one of the last SM cameras, and came in at the budget category. Other
    Olympus cameras that have been phased out that used SM include C-40 (pocket
    clamshell camera), C-5050Z (high end 3x zoom), C-730UZ (high zoom).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, May 5, 2004