    Any useful advice or experience would be much appreciated. Fortunately I still have my old
    machine!!

    William

    William, Dec 18, 2005

  2. William

    Piers James Guest

    you only need to do F6 if you are using RAID. Go here for nForce4 drivers
    for x64:- http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_amd_6.69.html

    Piers James, Dec 18, 2005

  3. William

    Patrick Guest

    No files should be reported missing from a purchased OEM CD

    Patrick, Dec 19, 2005
  4. William

    William Guest

    Sorry to have bothered you all, but I finally and in desperation I tried restoring XP over itself
    and all is now well.

    I have no idea why that should have worked, but am thankful that I got there in the end.

    Hopefully, my experience will be of benefit to someone else.

    William, Dec 21, 2005
  5. Sometimes it is a cd drive issue. Reseating the cd might have mattered.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 22, 2005