    What have I configured incorrectly, or what have I not done?

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 22, 2007

  2. Ian Richardson

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-03-22, Ian Richardson <> wrote:

    > I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
    > up correctly on their site, of the form sip:{E164}@<ip.address>, and
    > also set up the DID forwarding.
    >
    > However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
    > ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.
    >
    > I've got a Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT v23 SP2, and a Linksys PAP2T
    > (recently flashed with the latest firmware).
    >
    > I can successfully make outgoing calls using voipcheap.co.uk
    >
    > What have I configured incorrectly, or what have I not done?

    Is your router set up to route port 5060 traffic to the PAP2T?

    Brian.

    Brian, Mar 22, 2007

  3. Brian wrote:

    <snip>

    > Is your router set up to route port 5060 traffic to the PAP2T?

    Yes. 5060 and 5061 (not that I'm using the latter) for SIP (UDP), and
    10000 to 10999 for RTP (UDP).

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 23, 2007
  4. Brian wrote:
    > On 2007-03-22, Ian Richardson <> wrote:
    >
    >> I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
    >> up correctly on their site, of the form sip:{E164}@<ip.address>, and
    >> also set up the DID forwarding.
    >>
    >> However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
    >> ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.
    >>
    >> I've got a Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT v23 SP2, and a Linksys PAP2T
    >> (recently flashed with the latest firmware).
    >>
    >> I can successfully make outgoing calls using voipcheap.co.uk
    >>
    >> What have I configured incorrectly, or what have I not done?

    > Is your router set up to route port 5060 traffic to the PAP2T?

    I'm wondering whether ex-NTL is blocking these ports for incoming traffic?

    Could it also be that I'm using the SIP@Home-enabled version of DD-WRT?

    Is there a problem with using the {E164} syntax? should I use a prefix
    or suffix (before the @)?

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 23, 2007
  5. Ian Richardson

    Jono Guest

    on 23/03/2007, Ian Richardson supposed :

    > Could it also be that I'm using the SIP@Home-enabled version of DD-WRT?

    Turn off all port forwarding if you're using the voip firmware of
    DD-WRT. Took me aaaaaages to figure out why I was having issues like
    one-way audio, when I'd installed the voip DD-WRT. Simply disabling ALL
    (voip) port forwarding had the desired effect.

    Jono, Mar 23, 2007
  6. Jono wrote:
    > on 23/03/2007, Ian Richardson supposed :
    >

    >> Could it also be that I'm using the SIP@Home-enabled version of DD-WRT?

    > Turn off all port forwarding if you're using the voip firmware of
    > DD-WRT. Took me aaaaaages to figure out why I was having issues like
    > one-way audio, when I'd installed the voip DD-WRT. Simply disabling ALL
    > (voip) port forwarding had the desired effect.

    That doesn't seem correct to me, not that turning off all the port
    forwarding made any difference.

    Do I have to set up a user id on the Linksys PAP2T, and then alter the
    DID with voxbone.com so it's sip:<userid>{E164}@<ipaddress> ? Can I just
    get away with no user id and stick to a DID of sip:{E164}@<ipaddress>
    (which is what I'm currently trying to use)?

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 23, 2007
  7. Ian Richardson

    Jono Guest

    Ian Richardson was thinking very hard :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> on 23/03/2007, Ian Richardson supposed :
    >>

    >>> Could it also be that I'm using the SIP@Home-enabled version of DD-WRT?

    >> Turn off all port forwarding if you're using the voip firmware of
    >> DD-WRT. Took me aaaaaages to figure out why I was having issues like
    >> one-way audio, when I'd installed the voip DD-WRT. Simply disabling ALL
    >> (voip) port forwarding had the desired effect.

    > That doesn't seem correct to me, not that turning off all the port
    > forwarding made any difference.
    >
    > Do I have to set up a user id on the Linksys PAP2T, and then alter the
    > DID with voxbone.com so it's sip:<userid>{E164}@<ipaddress> ? Can I just
    > get away with no user id and stick to a DID of sip:{E164}@<ipaddress>
    > (which is what I'm currently trying to use)?

    Correct or not, I had no end of trouble with connection issues when I
    first installed the DD-WRT firmware. I decided to start from scratch &
    discovered to my astonishment that everything worked perfectly with no
    port forwarding in place.

    One thing I guessed at was what to enter in the Administration /
    Management page under SIPatH. I plumped for the IP address of my device
    & port 5060.

    Jono, Mar 23, 2007
  8. Jono wrote:
    > Ian Richardson was thinking very hard :

    <snip>

    >> Do I have to set up a user id on the Linksys PAP2T, and then alter the
    >> DID with voxbone.com so it's sip:<userid>{E164}@<ipaddress> ? Can I just
    >> get away with no user id and stick to a DID of sip:{E164}@<ipaddress>
    >> (which is what I'm currently trying to use)?

    Can someone confirm whether the DID is right or not?

    > Correct or not, I had no end of trouble with connection issues when I
    > first installed the DD-WRT firmware. I decided to start from scratch &
    > discovered to my astonishment that everything worked perfectly with no
    > port forwarding in place.

    OK, I've turned off port forwarding. uPnP is now off, too.

    > One thing I guessed at was what to enter in the Administration /
    > Management page under SIPatH. I plumped for the IP address of my device
    > & port 5060.

    ....which I've also just done, and rebooted the router. No change.

    I don't know if the problem is with the router or the DID, or even the
    ISP. Perhaps I've got to enable something in the PAP2T?

    Any more hints?

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 23, 2007
  9. Ian Richardson

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Ian Richardson wrote:
    > I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
    > up correctly on their site, of the form sip:{E164}@<ip.address>, and
    > also set up the DID forwarding.
    >
    > However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
    > ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.

    What number range is it, please? Does it work from BT Retail?

    Paul Cupis, Mar 24, 2007
  10. Paul Cupis wrote:
    > Ian Richardson wrote:
    >> I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
    >> up correctly on their site, of the form sip:{E164}@<ip.address>, and
    >> also set up the DID forwarding.
    >>
    >> However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
    >> ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.

    > What number range is it, please? Does it work from BT Retail?

    It begins +44 1223 85 8

    I've not tried from a BT line, though...

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 24, 2007
  11. Ian Richardson

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Ian Richardson wrote:
    > Paul Cupis wrote:
    >> Ian Richardson wrote:
    >>> I've now got an incoming number with voxbone, which I've allegedly set
    >>> up correctly on their site, of the form sip:{E164}@<ip.address>, and
    >>> also set up the DID forwarding.
    >>>
    >>> However, when I call the number from either my Orange mobile or my
    >>> ex-NTL phone line, I get a number unobtainable signal.

    >> What number range is it, please? Does it work from BT Retail?

    > It begins +44 1223 85 8
    >
    > I've not tried from a BT line, though...

    Looks to be network built fine, test numbers works on various networks.
    Looks to be a config/firewall problem, unless it is a voxbone issue -
    have you contacted them?

    Paul Cupis, Mar 24, 2007
  12. Paul Cupis wrote:
    > Ian Richardson wrote:
    >> Paul Cupis wrote:

    >>> What number range is it, please? Does it work from BT Retail?

    >> It begins +44 1223 85 8
    >>
    >> I've not tried from a BT line, though...

    > Looks to be network built fine, test numbers works on various networks.
    > Looks to be a config/firewall problem, unless it is a voxbone issue -
    > have you contacted them?

    I have, but I think I need to try again. They claim the configuration at
    their end is correct.

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 24, 2007