Advice on which Microsoft course

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Sean, Aug 30, 2005.

  1. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Good Morning everyone,

    I was due to go on a course MS2153 to help prepare myself for the 216
    exam, subsequently the firm running the course has gone bust so
    obviously that has gone down the tube. I have currently passed the
    210,215 and 218 and aim to pass 216 soon (love the optimism!) to get my
    MCSA 2000.

    Instead of booking the same course again, I am thinking of going on the
    2297 course (designed I believe for the MCSE upgrade 2000 -2003) after
    I have completed the 2000 MCSA and then hopefully use this as a
    launchpad towards the 292 upgrade exam.

    Looking at a course contents for the 2297, I don't think any of the
    content appears beyond my capabilities - I was wondering if there is
    anything on it that might be deemed as a no go area for a mere MCSA
    cert?

    The other thing I have noticed is that the course seems to focus solely
    on the server side of things - I would assume that the 292 upgrade exam
    would have to have a fair bit of content relating to Windows XP as
    well?

    Any feedback, thoughts, advice or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Sean, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Sean

    R Guest

    Can't give advice on most of this, but the 292 exam (from my recollection of
    21 months ago) does not cover Windows XP. The client portion of MCSA/MCSE
    does not need to be upgraded from 2000 to 2003, as either 2000 Pro, or XP
    Pro is a valid client for both tracks.

    R. MCSE (NT, 2000, 2003: Security) / MCSA (2000, 2003: Security) / MCDBA

    R, Aug 30, 2005

  3. Sean

    Guest

    , Aug 30, 2005
  4. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Am going to attack the 216 and let whatever happens after that take
    care of itself!

    Cheers
    Sean, Aug 31, 2005