Advice on making DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stephen Wenzler, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. Hello folks, I need your help as I am newbie to making DVD-videos so I
    would like to know step by step in conversion, authoring and burning
    DVD's, I am using Nero Burning ROM 5.5.10.56 so could anyone out there
    can help me understand how to do it successfully so that the DVD's can
    be played in stand-alone DVD players

    THANK YOU!
     
    Stephen Wenzler, Jan 23, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Stephen Wenzler <> wrote:

    >Hello folks, I need your help as I am newbie to making DVD-videos so I
    >would like to know step by step in conversion, authoring and burning
    >DVD's, I am using Nero Burning ROM 5.5.10.56 so could anyone out there
    >can help me understand how to do it successfully so that the DVD's can
    >be played in stand-alone DVD players


    www.videohelp.com
     
    Kimba W. Lion, Jan 24, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Kimba W. Lion wrote:
    > Stephen Wenzler <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hello folks, I need your help as I am newbie to making DVD-videos so I
    >>would like to know step by step in conversion, authoring and burning
    >>DVD's, I am using Nero Burning ROM 5.5.10.56 so could anyone out there
    >>can help me understand how to do it successfully so that the DVD's can
    >>be played in stand-alone DVD players

    >
    >
    > www.videohelp.com


    I searched the site and it was tough, I selected Nero Burning ROM and
    few search settings then ended up no results, I'll keep trying :)

    I also will look into bundled Cyberlink's PowerProducer 2 software that
    came with V-Stream MPEG capture card to see if it can handles my needs.

    Thanks for the tips!
     
    Stephen Wenzler, Jan 24, 2006
    #3
  4. Stephen Wenzler wrote:
    > Kimba W. Lion wrote:
    >
    >> Stephen Wenzler <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> Hello folks, I need your help as I am newbie to making DVD-videos so
    >>> I would like to know step by step in conversion, authoring and
    >>> burning DVD's, I am using Nero Burning ROM 5.5.10.56 so could anyone
    >>> out there can help me understand how to do it successfully so that
    >>> the DVD's can be played in stand-alone DVD players

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> www.videohelp.com

    >
    >
    > I searched the site and it was tough, I selected Nero Burning ROM and
    > few search settings then ended up no results, I'll keep trying :)
    >
    > I also will look into bundled Cyberlink's PowerProducer 2 software that
    > came with V-Stream MPEG capture card to see if it can handles my needs.
    >
    > Thanks for the tips!



    Just to update you that I discovered that Xpert MPEG encoder can encode
    the video clips into MPEG-2 format and I found a good and very easy DVD
    author by Cucusoft -- it is breeze to use it then I tried to burn the
    ..VOB and associated files into a virtual recorder because I don't have
    DVD burner yet but I was just testing, it works nicely with Nero 5.5
    with the DVD encoder plugin installed (I found it somewhere on Internet)
    so I am pleased with it then I tried to play it out the .VOB file with
    WinDVD and it works!
     
    Stephen Wenzler, Jan 24, 2006
    #4
  5. Stephen Wenzler

    Tonester Guest

    Capture video using hardware mpeg 2 decoder and video capture software (make
    sure you caputre DVD compliant.

    Edit video with software of choice.

    Build DVD with Tmpeg DVD Author or similar DVD authoring program.

    Burn with Nero.

    Don't sound so bad, does it?


    "Stephen Wenzler" <> wrote in message
    news:iBbBf.1239$Yi5.1226@trndny02...
    > Hello folks, I need your help as I am newbie to making DVD-videos so I
    > would like to know step by step in conversion, authoring and burning
    > DVD's, I am using Nero Burning ROM 5.5.10.56 so could anyone out there can
    > help me understand how to do it successfully so that the DVD's can be
    > played in stand-alone DVD players
    >
    > THANK YOU!
     
    Tonester, Jan 24, 2006
    #5
  6. Tonester wrote:
    > Capture video using hardware mpeg 2 decoder and video capture software (make
    > sure you caputre DVD compliant.
    >
    > Edit video with software of choice.
    >
    > Build DVD with Tmpeg DVD Author or similar DVD authoring program.
    >
    > Burn with Nero.
    >
    > Don't sound so bad, does it?
    >
    >
    > "Stephen Wenzler" <> wrote in message
    > news:iBbBf.1239$Yi5.1226@trndny02...
    >
    >>Hello folks, I need your help as I am newbie to making DVD-videos so I
    >>would like to know step by step in conversion, authoring and burning
    >>DVD's, I am using Nero Burning ROM 5.5.10.56 so could anyone out there can
    >>help me understand how to do it successfully so that the DVD's can be
    >>played in stand-alone DVD players
    >>
    >>THANK YOU!

    >
    >
    >


    Exactly right! I have V-Stream capture card that have MPEG-2 encodeer
    built in so I understood and it can also captures MPEG-1 and AvI format
    in software encoder but the MPEG-2 is done by hardware so I also see
    that I can encode most video clips int MPEG-2 format that are compitable
    for DVD's

    Just curious, have you tried Cucusoft's free DVD author?

    Also wonder what version of Nero Burning ROM package that first
    introuces DVD authoring like at least 6.6.0.8 or 7 so that I can
    consider upgradinhg from my current version 5.5.10.56 to the minium
    version that can handles most DVD production and burning?

    Thanks!
     
    Stephen Wenzler, Jan 24, 2006
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Nozza

    DVD-R & DVD-RW & DVD+R & DVD+RW DVD-WTF

    Nozza, Dec 1, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,890
    Nozza
    Dec 2, 2004
  2. Fran Mccarthy

    making an .exe file play on a dvd player

    Fran Mccarthy, Jan 10, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    600
  3. Sseadoubleyou

    Question about making a DVD movie!

    Sseadoubleyou, Feb 9, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    3,514
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
    Feb 9, 2005
  4. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    489
  5. Tivo
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    849
    Otter
    Jan 18, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page