  1. Looking to purchase the above camera for under AUD$300. Is ythis a
    reasonable price for a camera of this type? Is there a better buy with
    similar features?
    Gerrit Bakhuis, May 23, 2004

  2. Gerrit Bakhuis

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Gerrit Bakhuis wrote:

    > Looking to purchase the above camera for under AUD$300. Is ythis a
    > reasonable price for a camera of this type? Is there a better buy with
    > similar features?

    That seems a bit high, but I know you guys seem to have to pay more than
    we do in the US. I have the 6440, which I got for $350 USD, including
    the dock. I like the better zoom a lot. You might shop the internet
    for a better price locally.
    Ron Hunter, May 23, 2004

  3. Gerrit Bakhuis

    Justin Thyme Guest

    "Gerrit Bakhuis" <> wrote in message
    > Looking to purchase the above camera for under AUD$300. Is ythis a
    > reasonable price for a camera of this type? Is there a better buy with
    > similar features?

    Olympus C310 or C360 perhaps? nice easy to use cameras, photostitching built
    in for panorama's, the standard 16mb ram is a memory card rather than
    inbuilt, so you can take your card into a lab for prints without needing to
    spend more money. both support pictbridge for direct prints to various
    printers (although dunno why you'd bother with lab prints so cheap now).
    Both camera's have more scene modes than the cx6330 for better quality
    photo's, and have olympus precision lenses
    In similar category, but I don't think quite as good, is the Fuji 330.
    I used to love kodak camera's, but starting with the 4000 series, they seem
    to have made their low-end camera's too simple, at the expense of camera
    capabilities. They also seem to compress their jpeg's a bit too much,
    resulting in poor picture quality. Shutter lag seems worse than other
    competitors in this price range too.

    Justin Thyme, May 23, 2004