    the motherbaord side.

    Thanks
    Lee
    Lee Davison, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Lee Davison

    JWooden271 Guest

    That cable is for CD-audio, and it plugs into your sound card. If you
    don't have a sound card, don't bother plugging it in.

    JWooden271, Feb 14, 2004

  3. Lee Davison

    Lee Davison Guest

    Forgive my ingorance, but how will I listen to Audio CDs without this
    plugged in? I dont have a sound card, I think its an inbuilt one on the
    motherboard.

    Thanks
    Lee

    Lee Davison, Feb 14, 2004
  4. Lee Davison

    ICee Guest

    Lee Davison wrote:
    > Could someone please advise where the small cable which provides the
    > sound on my CDRW is connected to on the motherboard. The cable has 3
    > wires, red black and white and terminates both ends in a 4 hole
    > square connector.
    > If its any help I have an Optowrite 52x CDRW and a Gigabyte 7VAXP
    > motherboard. The instruction show where to connect it the CDRW end
    > but not the motherbaord side.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lee

    Plug it into the CD_IN connector in front of the PCI 1 slot.
    ICee, Feb 14, 2004
  5. Lee Davison

    MP Guest

    Check on the MOBO the CD-IN 1 or CD-IN 2 that`s it..
    Enjoy

    Marco

    MP, Feb 14, 2004
  6. Lee Davison

    stumpy Guest

    http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Manual/Manual_GA-7VAXP Ultra.htm

    stumpy, Feb 14, 2004
  7. Lee Davison

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Lee Davison mused:

    | Could someone please advise where the small cable which provides the sound
    | on my CDRW is connected to on the motherboard. The cable has 3 wires, red
    | black and white and terminates both ends in a 4 hole square connector.
    | If its any help I have an Optowrite 52x CDRW and a Gigabyte 7VAXP
    | motherboard. The instruction show where to connect it the CDRW end but not
    | the motherbaord side.

    If you are using Windows XP as your OS, you needn't worry. XP will
    channel the sound through the IDE ribbon.
    mhicaoidh, Feb 14, 2004
  8. Lee Davison

    Patrick Guest

    Lee Davison wrote:
    > Could someone please advise where the small cable which provides the
    > sound on my CDRW is connected to on the motherboard. The cable has 3
    > wires, red black and white and terminates both ends in a 4 hole
    > square connector.
    > If its any help I have an Optowrite 52x CDRW and a Gigabyte 7VAXP
    > motherboard. The instruction show where to connect it the CDRW end
    > but not the motherbaord side.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lee

    On my board (onboard-sound) theire are two 4-pin connectors named CD1 and
    CD2.
    These two connectors are different fittings as thiere are two kinds of
    connector cables.
    The connectors are located at the back of board towards the right.

    As mentioned by someone else, you do not need to connect the cable if you
    have XP.
    Patrick, Feb 14, 2004
  9. Lee Davison

    Bob B Guest

    "Patrick" <> wrote in message

    > Lee Davison wrote:
    > > Could someone please advise where the small cable which provides the
    > > sound on my CDRW is connected to on the motherboard. The cable has 3
    > > wires, red black and white and terminates both ends in a 4 hole
    > > square connector.
    > > If its any help I have an Optowrite 52x CDRW and a Gigabyte 7VAXP
    > > motherboard. The instruction show where to connect it the CDRW end
    > > but not the motherbaord side.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Lee

    > On my board (onboard-sound) theire are two 4-pin connectors named CD1 and
    > CD2.
    > These two connectors are different fittings as thiere are two kinds of
    > connector cables.
    > The connectors are located at the back of board towards the right.
    >
    > As mentioned by someone else, you do not need to connect the cable if you
    > have XP.

    That reminds me I had that cable with my first re writer and didnt use it
    ....and with my latest re writer it didn't include this wire. I haven't had
    any sound probs with either re writer. I have 98SE ... BB

    Bob B, Feb 14, 2004