    customer can't bookmark an item. any help would be greatly
    appreciated!

    d.

    MDesigns, Sep 13, 2004

  2. MDesigns

    Robert Baer Guest

    MDesigns wrote:

    > i know this is the wrong forum for this question but i have no idea
    > where else to go so maybe you can point me in the right direction...i
    > am creating an online store for a friend -- nothing fancy, using
    > golive and plain html -- but have an issue with inputting the
    > inventory. after i'm done i'll have over 3000 pages, one for each
    > item, so what happens if something on the basic page needs to be
    > changed, like a phone number? i'll have to change 3000 pages
    > manually!!! i just keep thinking there's got to be a better way to do
    > this. i've thought about frames but nobody uses those anymore and a
    > customer can't bookmark an item. any help would be greatly
    > appreciated!
    >
    > d.

    If there is something common to all pages, one way is to make that
    common item a picture (eg: pic01.jpg) and in each page refer to the
    picture.
    Then all you have to do is change that picture once.
    There may be a corresponding way to refer to a block of text and/or
    HTML, giving a similar result.
    Actually, that inventory should be in a database, and a small program
    then could be used to create the HTML pages for the web.

    Robert Baer, Sep 14, 2004

  3. MDesigns

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Robert Baer <> wrote in

    > There may be a corresponding way to refer to a block of text and/or
    > HTML, giving a similar result.

    Easiest way to insert the same block of information on multiple pages is
    with SSI - Server Side Includes

    > Actually, that inventory should be in a database, and a small program
    > then could be used to create the HTML pages for the web.

    Definitely.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Sep 14, 2004
  4. MDesigns

    MDesigns Guest

    Robert Baer <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > If there is something common to all pages, one way is to make that
    > common item a picture (eg: pic01.jpg) and in each page refer to the
    > picture.
    > Then all you have to do is change that picture once.
    > There may be a corresponding way to refer to a block of text and/or
    > HTML, giving a similar result.
    > Actually, that inventory should be in a database, and a small program
    > then could be used to create the HTML pages for the web.

    aha! this is exactly what i'm looking for, where can i find this program?

    MDesigns, Sep 14, 2004
  5. MDesigns

    Robert Baer Guest

    MDesigns wrote:

    > Robert Baer <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > If there is something common to all pages, one way is to make that
    > > common item a picture (eg: pic01.jpg) and in each page refer to the
    > > picture.
    > > Then all you have to do is change that picture once.
    > > There may be a corresponding way to refer to a block of text and/or
    > > HTML, giving a similar result.
    > > Actually, that inventory should be in a database, and a small program
    > > then could be used to create the HTML pages for the web.

    > aha! this is exactly what i'm looking for, where can i find this program?

    Please see the reply to your request to me.

    Robert Baer, Sep 15, 2004