    frame-relay connection? If frame relay is not possible, then some
    other method.

    Thanks

    Adrian Martinez, Nov 15, 2003

  2. I just found out from a responder to one of my other posts that I need to
    start with a T1 Crossover cable. So let me get started on that layer 1
    issue first.

    Adrian Martinez, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Adrian Martinez

    username Guest

    Setting up a router to simulate a Frame-Relay switch is as easy as
    configuring a single global command, and 2 serial interfaces. The
    interface configurations should be identical, give or take 1 or 2
    commands. Below is a command line
    breakdown of a SINGLE one of these Frame-Relay Switching interfaces

    frame-relay switching <-- enables FR switching on the
    router
    !
    interface Serial0
    no ip address <-- no IP needed since no pvc is
    terminated
    encapsulation frame-relay
    clock rate <A> <-- needed only in back-to-back
    config
    frame-relay lmi-type <B>
    frame-relay intf-type dce <-- * logical DCE causes int to
    send LMI
    frame-relay route <X> interface <Y> <Z> <-- pvc switching command

    ============

    Where:
    A = clock rate of line (e.g. 2000000)
    B = lmi type you wish to use (e.g. cisco)
    X = local dlci # of pvc connected to port S0 (e.g. 102)
    Y = interface remote dlci will terminate to (e.g. Serial1)
    Z = outgoing dlci # - dlci # of pvc connected to interface Y (e.g. 201)

    * - A logical frame-relay dce interface will PROVIDE, not RESPOND to LMI,
    so if the telco is providing LMI, you will NOT want to have this command
    set!

    =============

    Detailed Point-to-Point Frame Realy Switch Example

    !
    frame-relay switching
    !
    interface Serial0
    no ip address
    encapsulation frame-relay
    clockrate 2000000
    frame-relay lmi-type cisco
    frame-relay intf-type dce
    frame-relay route 102 interface Serial1 201
    !
    interface Serial1
    no ip address
    encapsulation frame-relay
    clockrate 2000000
    frame-relay lmi-type ansi
    frame-relay intf-type dce
    frame-relay route 201 interface Serial0 102

    If you are studying for a test you might want to dedicate one router as a
    frame switch and add two more routers that way you can get creative with
    routing protocols.

    Hope this helps.

    username, Nov 16, 2003
  4. I brought the tools and created my own T1 Crossover Cable and then used
    instructions provided by "username" and the two 2611's are working perfect.

    Thanks.

    Adrian Martinez, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Adrian Martinez

    cisconovice

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hello, I am pretty new at cisco. I was trying to configure my 2 2600 routers with t1 wics but couldnt get it to work. Is the configuration below the configuration for both routers? or is it different for each one?

    I was trying this command line but it kept on giving me this error:

    CCNA1(config)#int s0/0
    CCNA1(config-if)#no ip address
    CCNA1(config-if)#encapsulation frame-relay
    CCNA1(config-if)#clockrate 2000000
    CCNA1(config-if)#frame-relay lmi-type cisco
    CCNA1(config-if)#frame-relay intf-type dce
    CCNA1(config-if)#frame-relay route 102 interface Serial1 201
    ^
    % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    based from the configuration that was given by "username", i assued that Serial0 refered to my interface s0/0 and Serial1 referred to another serial interface on the same router. But the problem is that i only have 1 serial interface with my wic. the other wic is installed on another router.

    Please help! thanks in advance!

    cisconovice, Oct 13, 2006