    with a hot shoe and/or remote flash capabilities, smartcard and zoom/macro,
    possibly burst settings.

    Thanks for the advice.

    ConTactMe, Aug 4, 2003

  2. ConTactMe

    Canongirly Guest

    Mine works fine at all of the below. Pro version also gives you a cable
    release thread and a flash pc socket.

    Best accessory you can make/buy/steal for shooting shiny things is a light
    tent. To give even lighting around your subject.

    Easiest way to make one is to use a white cotton sheet or xxxxl t-shirt or
    two and a hook and some string, Basically suspend it from the hook in the
    ceiling or lightstand or whatever so that it drapes around (but not on) the
    subject and illuminated from either side. (Think over bed mossy net).

    "ConTactMe" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at buying this to take images of brass, copper, glass and

    other

    Canongirly, Aug 4, 2003

  3. ConTactMe

    BUNTOVNIK Guest

    "ConTactMe" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at buying this to take images of brass, copper, glass and

    other
    > shiny objects. I've heard it doesn't do well with dark images or low
    > contrast settings. Any advice, or any other suggestions? I need a camera
    > with a hot shoe and/or remote flash capabilities, smartcard and

    zoom/macro,
    > possibly burst settings.
    >
    > Thanks for the advice.

    Wait for a few months, and get the new Fuji s7000 - same body and optics as
    s602, but with a brand new 6 mpix sensor that can output huuuge 12 mpix
    photos! Also has USB 2.0 (if I'm not wrong) and XD card support. Estimated
    price: 799 $

    BUNTOVNIK, Aug 5, 2003
  4. ConTactMe

    ConTactMe Guest

    Thanks for the advice. I found out it's coming out in October. Any
    suggestions on a good digicam for around $250 in the mean time? I need to
    get something with a smartcard and I'll settle for any flash for now. I just
    home I can adapt filters to the camera.
    Thanks again.

    ConTactMe, Aug 6, 2003
  5. ConTactMe

    ConTactMe Guest

    Any chance I can find plans of pics of this device?

    Thanks again.

    ConTactMe, Aug 6, 2003
  6. ConTactMe

    Chris Gunn Guest

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 14:35:10 GMT, "ConTactMe"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm looking at buying this to take images of brass, copper, glass and other
    >shiny objects. I've heard it doesn't do well with dark images or low
    >contrast settings. Any advice, or any other suggestions? I need a camera

    It has no contrast settings. Perhaps you heard rumours about a
    different camera.

    As far as dark images goes, is has unusually low noise for a given
    ISO. Its ability to focus in the dark is the same as any camera with a
    big lens,CCD, and no built in lamp.

    >with a hot shoe and/or remote flash capabilities, smartcard and zoom/macro,
    >possibly burst settings.
    >
    >Thanks for the advice.

    It is a good camera. Has 1.8% distortion at wide angle though. There
    are software things to correct though.

    Gunn

    602

    Chris Gunn, Aug 9, 2003