Advice on finding drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgR2Vhcnk=?=, Aug 21, 2005.

  1. I'm trying to bring up x64 on an AMD Athlon 64 laptop (Mitac 8355 based).
    I've been unable to find two or three drivers. Two of them show the following
    in Device Manager:

    PCI Flash Memory
    Device type: Other devices
    Manufacturer: Unknown
    Location: PCI bus 0, device 9, function 1
    Device Instance Id:
    PCI\VEN_1524&DEV_0510&SUBSYS_83551071&REV_00\3&61AAA01&0&49

    Unknown Device
    Device type: Other devices
    Manufacturer: Unknown
    Location: on VIA Standard PCI to ISA bridge
    Device Instance Id: ACPI\MTC0004\4&3656B0&0

    The first one is an ENE flash card reader. The second one has me stumped,
    but the MTC tells me it's a Mitac device. Neither ENE nor Mitac appear to
    have any 64-bit drivers (and ENE has none at all). I also need a driver for
    the built-in "scrollbar" device. There is an exe that will sort of make it
    work (STDSB.exe), but running it somehow screwed up my internet connection.

    Anyway, does anyone have any useful suggestions for finding these specific
    drivers? (Other than Google, which I have pretty thoroughly exhausted.)

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgR2Vhcnk=?=, Aug 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgR2Vhcnk=?=

    Encia Guest

    Encia, Dec 5, 2005