    copying other DVDs.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Apr 7, 2004

  2. (Pete Cresswell)

    Justin Guest

    (Pete Cresswell) wrote on [Wed, 07 Apr 2004 00:16:36 GMT]:
    > Primary use would be for copying data, but will probably wind up creating the
    > occasional video DVD - both from scratch (transferring home video tapes) and by
    > copying other DVDs.

    Maybe ask in a group that's not alt.video.dvd

    Justin, Apr 7, 2004

  3. (Pete Cresswell)

    Impmon Guest

    On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 00:16:36 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <> wrote:

    >Have these things reached commodity status?

    Must be, they are also available at some Walmart and Walmart isn't
    known for computer literacy. Another thing is to check for repuable
    brand, some dirt cheap no name model may fail just days after the
    warranty expires.

    >What feature set should I be looking for?

    DVD burner software if you don't have full version of Nero. Some
    versions that come with CD burners often are silmed down and won't
    work with any other burners.

    >Primary use would be for copying data, but will probably wind up creating the
    >occasional video DVD - both from scratch (transferring home video tapes) and by
    >copying other DVDs.

    www.dvdrhelp.com has a list of DVD players and what burned DVD works.
    Some DVD players only work with DVD-R, some only works with DVD+R, and
    some will work with both format. Then there are the small percentage
    of DVD players that won't work with any form of burned DVD.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    Impmon, Apr 7, 2004