Advice on changing ISP's please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. Baalrog wrote:
    > anyone here offer some advice

    > I am about
    > to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL

    You don't need advice. You need a psychiatrist.

    Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Scrote Guest

    Baalrog wrote:
    >> Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am
    >> about to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL
    >> broadband and was looking for hints / tips on getting all my current
    >> contacts etc informed , should I try and keep both account open
    >> until all is done, any advice is welcome
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards Ron...........

    If you can get ADSL, why on earth go with AOHell? You have to have their
    hardware, you cannot buy "off the shelf". It clogs your system with
    garbage. Try putting "AOL + complaints" minus quotes into Google
    Results 1 - 10 of about 317,000 for AOL + complaints. (0.24 seconds)
    --
    If life were fair, Dan Quayle would be making a living asking 'Do you
    want fries with that?'

    Scrote, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Scrote Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> Baalrog wrote:
    >>> Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am
    >>> about to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL
    >>> broadband and was looking for hints / tips on getting all my
    >>> current contacts etc informed , should I try and keep both account
    >>> open until all is done, any advice is welcome
    >>>

    >> Don't do it.
    >> Seriously, don't do it.

    Clock playing up Brian?

    Scrote, Jul 2, 2004
  4. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Ionizer Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Baalrog wrote:
    > > anyone here offer some advice

    > > I am about
    > > to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL

    > You don't need advice. You need a psychiatrist.

    You're not a proper troll, because some times you make perfect sense.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Brian Guest

    "Baalrog" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
    > change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband and

    was
    > looking for hints / tips on getting all my current contacts etc informed ,
    > should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any advice is
    > welcome
    >
    > --
    > Regards Ron...........

    read these carefully.. then you will know why not to use aol.
    http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tfleft.web Internet AOL~Jokes.txt
    __
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/daedpa/aol.htm

    even if you are intelectual at present.. u will not be after using aol for a
    couple of weeks..

    Brian, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Baalrog typed:
    > Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
    > change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband

    If you think NTL is bad ...

    > and
    > was looking for hints / tips

    Don't do it, you'll be sorry .. ;)

    > on getting all my current contacts etc
    > informed , should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any
    > advice is welcome

    Yes, send an email to all your contacts, and keep all accounts open until
    you've got everything setup and running.

    Seriously, NTL are way better, by magnitudes, than AOL broadband.

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Ionizer wrote:
    > "Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer"
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Baalrog wrote:
    >>> anyone here offer some advice

    >>> I am about
    >>> to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL

    >> You don't need advice. You need a psychiatrist.

    > You're not a proper troll,

    Pfffft.

    > because some times you make perfect sense.

    That's what makes me so formidable. I call it enigmata - quod vide
    stigmata.

    Ionizer, the shamefaced, infiltrating freakface, Jul 2, 2004
  8. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Jerry G. Guest

    You want to go to the last place on earth that I would go to for an ISP!

    If you want to change ISP's, you call the one you are with, and tell them
    that you want to cancel. They will most likely charge you the balance of any
    agreement you have with them.

    You call the new one, and they will activate you.

    I would VERY strongly suggest you do some consumer research before going to
    the place you want to go for ISP service. I would never dare go there! I
    myself had too many bad experiences.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Baalrog, Jul 2, 2004
  10. Baalrog wrote:
    > Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
    > change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband and was
    > looking for hints / tips on getting all my current contacts etc informed ,
    > should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any advice is
    > welcome

    Don't do it.
    Seriously, don't do it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 2, 2004
  11. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Unknown Guest

    We hate to lose loyal subscribers like yourself, but if you feel you
    must unsubscribe, first, ask your Internet Provider to mail you an
    Unsubscribing Kit, which is provided free of charge.

    Make sure to tell us the make and model of your computer, as well as
    the operating system and amount of memory and hard disk space that you have
    free. Then use these easy-to-follow directions:

    The kit will most likely be the standard no-fault type. Depending on
    requirements, System A and/or System B can be used.

    If you are using operating System A, depress lever and a plastic
    dalkron unsubscriber will be dispensed through the slot immediately
    underneath.
    When you have fastened the adhesive lip, attach connection marked by the
    large "X" outlet hose. Twist the silver- colored ring one inch below the
    connection point until you feel it lock. The kit is now ready for use.

    The Cin-Eliminator is activated by the small switch on the lip.
    When securing, twist the ring back to its initial condition, so that
    the two orange lines meet. Disconnect. Place the dalkron unsubscriber in the
    vacuum receptacle to the rear. Activate by pressing the blue button.

    The controls for System B are located on the opposite side. The red
    release switch places the Cin-Eliminator into position; it can be
    adjusted manually up or down by pressing the blue manual release button.

    The opening is self-adjusting. To secure after use, press the green
    button, which simultaneously activates the evaporator and returns the
    Cin-Eliminator to its storage position.

    You may log off if the green exit light is on over the evaporator.
    If the red light is illuminated, one of the Cin-Eliminator requirements
    has not been properly implemented. Press the "List Guy" call button on
    the right of the evaporator. He will secure all facilities from his control
    panel.

    To use the Auto-Unsub, first undress and place all your clothes in the
    clothes rack. Put on the velcro slippers located in the cabinet
    immediately below. Enter the shower, taking the entire kit with you.

    On the control panel to your upper right upon entering you will see a
    "Shower seal" button. Press to activate. A green light will then be
    illuminated immediately below. On the intensity knob, select the
    desired setting. Now depress the Auto-Unsub activation lever. Bathe normally.

    The Auto-Unsub will automatically go off after three minutes unless you
    activate the "Manual off" override switch by flipping it up.

    When you are ready to leave, press the blue "Shower seal" release
    button. The door will open and you may leave. Please remove the velcro
    slippers
    and place them in their container.

    If you prefer the ultrasonic log-off mode, press the indicated blue
    button. When the twin panels open, pull it forward by rings A and B.
    The knob to the left, just below the blue light, has three settings,
    low, medium or high. For normal use, the medium setting is suggested.

    After these settings have been made, you can activate the device by
    switching to the "ON" position the clearly marked red switch.
    If during the unsubscribing operation, you wish to change the settings,
    place the "manual off" override switch in the "OFF" position.

    You may now make the change and repeat the cycle.
    When the green exit light goes on, you may log off and have lunch.
    Please close the door behind you.

    Congratulations! You have just successfully unsubscribed yourself.

    We are going to miss you! If you feel you have unsubscribed yourself in
    error, just follow the above instructions backwards, and you will once
    again be a part of our friendly, family ezine. No questions asked.

    Have a nice day now!

    Unknown, Jul 2, 2004
  12. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Rifleman Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Scrote wrote:

    > > Clock playing up Brian?

    > No, why?

    'Cos you're about 30 minutes in the future.......

    Rifleman, Jul 2, 2004
  13. Scrote wrote:
    > Brian H¹© wrote:

    >>>Don't do it.
    >>>Seriously, don't do it.

    > Clock playing up Brian?

    No, why?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 2, 2004
  14. Ionizer wrote:

    > "Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer"
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Baalrog wrote:
    >>
    >>>anyone here offer some advice

    >>>I am about
    >>>to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL

    >>You don't need advice. You need a psychiatrist.

    > You're not a proper troll, because some times you make perfect sense.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ian.

    LOL

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 2, 2004
  15. Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Scrote wrote:

    >> Clock playing up Brian?

    > No, why?

    That's weird, I see that my posts are showing an hour into the future :-S
    Must be Mozilla's fault ;-)

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 2, 2004
  16. Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> Scrote wrote:

    >>> Clock playing up Brian?

    >> No, why?

    > That's weird, I see that my posts are showing an hour into the future :-S
    > Must be Mozilla's fault ;-)

    Nope, it must be NTL playing up, I know there are some problems this pm
    (when aren't there?).

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 2, 2004
  17. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Patrick Guest

    Scrote wrote:
    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Don't do it.
    >>> Seriously, don't do it.

    > Clock playing up Brian?

    Me too, Brian (as I) are on ntl who appear to be haveing some kind of
    problem.
    (everyone in ntl groups match, but show an hour ahead)

    Patrick, Jul 2, 2004
  18. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:58:23 GMT, "Baalrog"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
    >change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband and was
    >looking for hints / tips on getting all my current contacts etc informed ,
    >should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any advice is
    >welcome

    AOell sucks. Anything besides aohell.
    They **** up your head bigtime. Of course it may already be messed so
    what's it matter.
    joevan

    joevan, Jul 2, 2004
  19. Baalrog wrote:

    > Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
    > change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband and was
    > looking for hints / tips on getting all my current contacts etc informed ,
    > should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any advice is
    > welcome

    It doesn't matter how bad your current ISP is, AOL is orders of
    magnitude worse. You're at least know the real Internet; don't leave
    it for AOL.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New June 23:

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2004
  20. Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer

    Boomer Guest

    "SpeechCoach" <> wrote:

    > Stop right there, friend! Take a breath!

    Why are you telling this to Blinky?
    Baalrog was the OP who was changing ISP's.

    Boomer, Jul 22, 2004