    credit card.

    Thanks for any help.
    Randy

    Prowler99, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Prowler99

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Prowler99"
    >
    >Hass anyone had any experience with Expresscameras.com?

    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1805.html ... the customer reports are
    pretty grim, with a 6 month rating of 0.74 out of 10.

    Use the same site to find dealers who have the camera in stock and also have a
    high customer satisfaction rating.

    Bill Hilton, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Prowler99

    Dave Head Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:21:31 -0500, "Prowler99" <> wrote:

    >Hass anyone had any experience with Expresscameras.com? I want to purchase a
    >Canon 10D from there, but I wanted some others opinions before I lay down my
    >credit card.
    >
    >Thanks for any help.
    >Randy

    Bought a D1x from them. No problems. Got everything they sold me except the
    firewire cable, which was backordered. I canceled it after thinking about it,
    and deciding I didn't want to get a firewire adapter for any of my computers
    anyway.

    Biggest drawback is that they practically won't let you buy it without an
    extended warranty. You know the spiel. The extended warranty, 3 yrs, was
    offered initially for $999. I think I got it for something like $190, which
    might be OK considering the fragility of the sensor system in the face of the
    "dust on the ccd" problem. But definitely don't take the 1st number they
    offer if you're gonna buy the extended warranty at all.

    Dave Head

    Dave Head, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Prowler99

    Duncan Guest

    Go to B and H...

    Duncan, Feb 15, 2004
  5. Prowler99

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Forget them. Go to an honest dealer like Adorama.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 15, 2004
  6. Bill Hilton wrote:

    >>From: "Prowler99"
    >>
    >>Hass anyone had any experience with Expresscameras.com?

    > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1805.html ... the customer reports are
    > pretty grim, with a 6 month rating of 0.74 out of 10.
    >
    > Use the same site to find dealers who have the camera in stock and also have
    > a high customer satisfaction rating.

    http://www.newegg.com

    My Canon came from there - VERY good service.

    Fred

    --
    "...Linux, MS-DOS, and Windows XP (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
    the Ugly)."

    Fred A. Miller, Feb 15, 2004