    best

    Thanks in advance

    Reg
    Reg Besseling, Nov 14, 2003

  2. "Reg Besseling" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi All
    >

    > I have been trying on which camera to buy and have narrowed the fiels down
    > to the CANON S50 or the SONY DSC P10
    >
    > DOes anybody out there have any views on the above cameras or on wich is

    the
    > best
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Think! Is there any option /feature that you MUST have? Why not Olympus
    C-50? (I don't say it's better) or Minolta F300?

    If there isn't anything that you find that makes a difference... take the
    cheapest! ...or simply out of liking.

    Use DP review and search features of your liking and see what comas up.

    All the old /great camera manufacturers make good digicams!

    Morgan O.
    Morgan Ohlson, Nov 14, 2003

  3. "Morgan Ohlson" <> wrote in message

    > All the old /great camera manufacturers make good digicams!

    Wow, is that statement ever not true.
    Steven M. Scharf, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Reg Besseling

    Andrew Guest

    Reg Besseling <> wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have been trying on which camera to buy and have narrowed the fiels
    > down to the CANON S50 or the SONY DSC P10
    >
    > DOes anybody out there have any views on the above cameras or on wich
    > is the best

    Get a Canon S45, it's better than the S50.

    Andrew
    Andrew, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Reg Besseling

    John Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:03:00 +0000 (UTC), Andrew
    <> wrote:

    >Reg Besseling <> wrote:
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> I have been trying on which camera to buy and have narrowed the fiels
    >> down to the CANON S50 or the SONY DSC P10
    >>
    >> DOes anybody out there have any views on the above cameras or on wich
    >> is the best

    >Get a Canon S45, it's better than the S50.
    >
    >Andrew

    All the "bad" things I hear about regarding the S50 I don't
    experience.

    Love mine.

    John, Nov 14, 2003
  6. Reg Besseling

    Billy Bob Guest

    Re:test

    test

    Billy Bob, Nov 14, 2003
  7. Reg Besseling

    Billy Bob, Nov 14, 2003
  8. "Andrew" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Reg Besseling <> wrote:
    > > Hi All
    > >
    > > I have been trying on which camera to buy and have narrowed the fiels
    > > down to the CANON S50 or the SONY DSC P10
    > >
    > > DOes anybody out there have any views on the above cameras or on wich
    > > is the best

    > Get a Canon S45, it's better than the S50.

    No, but possibly more bang for the buck.

    Biggest problem with the S50 is probably for other manufacturers since it
    sells probably 2-300% more then closest competitor.

    1st Most people will probably use less then 50% of the features on a S50.
    2nd Most people will never use the power of 5Mpix.
    3rd If manual focus is a must, then the s50 is probably the most
    affordable choice. (otherwise not)
    4th FlexiZone is both usefull and unique (?) in that price range.

    Only 5Mpix with ManF that are definitely cheaper: Sony P10 /12 /92 (focus in
    steps), Kyocera and Minolta F300. If one needs manual focus... why then pay
    for rough steps?

    If there isn't any need for ManF there are better bargains. The world has
    grown strange. The more we like to do ourselves the higher the price.
    Automation is the budget choice!

    S45's are running out so the prices are probably rising, not falling now.

    Also remeber that the difference between 35mm wide and 38mm is 10%. That
    makes a big difference i normal appartements.

    Morgan O.
    Morgan Ohlson, Nov 14, 2003
  9. Reg Besseling

    BillS Guest

    Not sure of the Sony, but I have the S45 (which is the same style as
    the S50) and redeye is a problem. Other than that it is a great
    camera.

    Bill
    www.bestbuyflowers.com – finding you the best buys on flowers

    BillS, Nov 20, 2003