Advice on buying 1st Digital camera please

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kevin Duggan, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Kevin Duggan

    Kevin Duggan Guest

    Kevin Duggan, Jan 19, 2004

  2. >>I am looking for something under 200.00,..

    In what currency? The above is not a meaningful statement in an
    international forum ;)

    If you want to know whether what you've got your eye on is a "good" camera,
    check out the review on:

    http://www.dpreview.com

    Keith

    Keith Sheppard, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Kevin Duggan

    Robert Barr Guest

    Kevin Duggan wrote:
    > I am looking for something under 200.00,..
    > either on ebay or on sale.
    > So far I have found this one..
    >
    > Fuji Finepix 2600 Zoom 2.0MP Digital Camera
    >
    > is this a good camera?..

    I've used its little brother (same creature with no zoom) for about a
    year and a half.

    The only problems were an LCD that wasn't bright enough to work the
    menus in direct sunlight, and some slightly confusing menus. It's also
    important to know (before venturing out) how to disable the auto-off
    feature, since it's so difficult to tell (on bright days) whether the
    darned thing is on or off.

    Other than that, I love it, and still use it for a backup in situations
    where I don't want to risk my good digital. Anymore, the value for the
    dollar is terrific.

    Robert Barr, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Kevin Duggan

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Kevin Duggan <> wrote:

    >I am looking for something under 200.00,..
    >either on ebay or on sale.
    >So far I have found this one..
    >
    >Fuji Finepix 2600 Zoom 2.0MP Digital Camera
    >
    >is this a good camera?..

    I liked it. Stopped working after a couple years and thousands of
    pics. Limited controls, a noticable lag when taking pictures,
    but does a decent job of being a P&S camera. For a 2MP camera it
    is quite decent.

    Don't pay more than $100.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Jan 24, 2004
  5. Kevin Duggan

    Tracy Guest

    for $200 now a days you can purchase a brand new very nice digital camera
    from the store. I strongly suggest staying away from 're-furbished or
    gently used'. For the amount of money you want to spend, watch the adds and
    just stay above 2.0 MP the closer you can get to 3.0 MP the sharper the
    picture and it will work fine for 8 x 10 prints.

    Good Luck Shopping.

    Tracy

    Tracy, Jan 24, 2004