    Everyones Welcome
    hobbyshare.com
    ****************
    Peter, Jun 10, 2005

  2. "Peter" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > I absolutley require a Tablet PC. Which one should I buy. Your
    > opinions welcome..Any advice or stories...!
    >

    > Cheers Peter
    >
    > ****************
    > Everyones Welcome
    > hobbyshare.com
    > ****************

    FWIW, almost all of the notebooks we use at Microsoft NZ are Toshibas and
    the majority of those are Tablet PC's. Some of the first generation units
    had problems with the digitisers but these were all fixed under warranty, we
    have a large number of M200's and have just taken delivery of 20 M4's with
    more to come. My M200 has been 100% reliable since I got it apart from a
    little incident with 100's and 1000's in the keyboard (it's a long story and
    not one I've shared with our internal IT people, shhhh...). I have a couple
    of colleagues in Singapore who have had very good service from their Acer
    C110's. I haven't had much experience with the HP TPC's so can't pass on any
    feedback. BTW, I see that Lenovo have just announced their first model
    http://tabletpcs.engadget.com/entry/1234000387045732

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ
    Brett Roberts, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Brett Roberts wrote:
    >>I absolutley require a Tablet PC. Which one should I buy. Your
    >>opinions welcome..Any advice or stories...!

    > FWIW, almost all of the notebooks we use at Microsoft NZ are Toshibas and
    > the majority of those are Tablet PC's. Some of the first generation units
    > had problems with the digitisers but these were all fixed under warranty, we
    > have a large number of M200's and have just taken delivery of 20 M4's with
    > more to come. My M200 has been 100% reliable since I got it apart from a
    > little incident with 100's and 1000's in the keyboard (it's a long story and
    > not one I've shared with our internal IT people, shhhh...). I have a couple
    > of colleagues in Singapore who have had very good service from their Acer
    > C110's. I haven't had much experience with the HP TPC's so can't pass on any
    > feedback. BTW, I see that Lenovo have just announced their first model
    > http://tabletpcs.engadget.com/entry/1234000387045732

    is it anything like my mate who shut a "Cadbury mudsludge" inside his
    lappy, it held the lid open just enough for it to remain powered up, but
    had enough heat to melt the glue, holding the packet shut, releasing the
    melted chocolate onto the KB and screen.

    It was a bit of a laugh to the rest of us.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Peter

    PAM. Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi
    > I absolutley require a Tablet PC. Which one should I buy. Your
    > opinions welcome..Any advice or stories...!

    It depends on what you want.
    I like the NEC Versa T400. It may be more expensive and not have the grunt
    like others but it's small and light.

    http://minisites.nec-computers-ap.com/t400/

    PAM.
    PAM., Jun 10, 2005
  5. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    > Brett Roberts wrote:
    >>>I absolutley require a Tablet PC. Which one should I buy. Your
    >>>opinions welcome..Any advice or stories...!

    >> FWIW, almost all of the notebooks we use at Microsoft NZ are Toshibas and
    >> the majority of those are Tablet PC's. Some of the first generation units
    >> had problems with the digitisers but these were all fixed under warranty,
    >> we have a large number of M200's and have just taken delivery of 20 M4's
    >> with more to come. My M200 has been 100% reliable since I got it apart
    >> from a little incident with 100's and 1000's in the keyboard (it's a long
    >> story and not one I've shared with our internal IT people, shhhh...). I
    >> have a couple of colleagues in Singapore who have had very good service
    >> from their Acer C110's. I haven't had much experience with the HP TPC's
    >> so can't pass on any feedback. BTW, I see that Lenovo have just announced
    >> their first model http://tabletpcs.engadget.com/entry/1234000387045732

    > is it anything like my mate who shut a "Cadbury mudsludge" inside his
    > lappy, it held the lid open just enough for it to remain powered up, but
    > had enough heat to melt the glue, holding the packet shut, releasing the
    > melted chocolate onto the KB and screen.
    >
    > It was a bit of a laugh to the rest of us.

    Fairly close I suspect. I made the mistake of eating a biscuit covered in
    100's and 1000's over the top of the notebook and a number dropped into the
    keyboard. They're hard little suckers and having to push certain keys
    ulta-hard in order to crush them and have the keypress registered got to be
    a pain. The upside was that I got to learn how to pull an M200 keyboard
    apart and how effective a home vacuum cleaner is at cleaning out keyboard
    scunge. And then there was the former MSNZ employee whose cat urinated in
    her brand new M200 (and no, that's not the reason for the "former"). I
    understand we had to write that one off and buy her a new one.
    Brett Roberts, Jun 10, 2005
  6. "PAM." <> wrote in message
    > "Peter" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> Hi
    >> I absolutley require a Tablet PC. Which one should I buy. Your
    >> opinions welcome..Any advice or stories...!

    > It depends on what you want.
    > I like the NEC Versa T400. It may be more expensive and not have the grunt
    > like others but it's small and light.
    >
    > http://minisites.nec-computers-ap.com/t400/
    >
    > PAM.

    Im probably a tad bias working for HP in a way - but the Compaq TC1100s
    rock - they have all the gizmos - wireless etc and do the job.
    Michael Payne, Jun 10, 2005
  7. Peter

    Richard Guest

    Michael Payne wrote:

    > Im probably a tad bias working for HP in a way - but the Compaq TC1100s
    > rock - they have all the gizmos - wireless etc and do the job.

    Mate has one and its hopeless, all the weight is in the screen, so when you are
    typing with it on your lap the whole thing wants to fall over backwards
    Richard, Jun 10, 2005
  8. In article <>, "Peter" <> wrote:

    >I absolutley require a Tablet PC.

    Why?
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 10, 2005
  9. Peter

    Graham Guest

    "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" wrote:

    > In article <>, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I absolutley require a Tablet PC.

    > Why?

    Why do you ask?
    Graham, Jun 10, 2005
  10. In article <>, Graham <> wrote:

    >"Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" wrote:
    >>
    >> In article <>, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I absolutley require a Tablet PC.

    >> Why?

    >Why do you ask?

    Because Tablet PCs have been less than a raging success to date, so if
    someone is seriously contemplating spending good money on one of them,
    it behooves me as a fellow human being to ensure that they really
    understand what they're getting into.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 10, 2005
  11. Peter

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <42a910eb$>,
    "Brett Roberts" <> wrote:

    >Fairly close I suspect. I made the mistake of eating a biscuit covered in
    >100's and 1000's ...

    They make them in lime flavour as well now. Very tasty.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    -- Microsoft advertisement on the box for Windows 2.11 for 286
    Don Hills, Jun 11, 2005
  12. Peter

    BTMO Guest

    "Brett Roberts" <> wrote

    > And then there was the former MSNZ employee whose cat urinated in her
    > brand new M200 (and no, that's not the reason for the "former"). I
    > understand we had to write that one off and buy her a new one.

    So... even employee's cats piss on M$ products, eh??

    -scribbles furiously-

    ;-)
    BTMO, Jun 12, 2005
  13. Peter

    Scooter Guest

    On , , Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:02:48 +1200, Re: Advice on Best Tablet
    PC, "Brett Roberts" <> wrote:

    >And then there was the former MSNZ employee whose cat urinated in
    >her brand new M200

    The cat was probably jealous and thought it should have been on
    her lap rather than the laptop and took revenge.

    >(and no, that's not the reason for the "former"). I
    >understand we had to write that one off and buy her a new one.

    Cat pee is terrible if left for a few days in a keyboard, whereas
    dog piss isn't bad at all when it comes to cleaning out. Milk is
    another bad substance if left over the weekend before telling
    your mother.

    --
    Opinions expressed are only my own. The above
    post may or may not contain one or more of the
    Scooter, Jun 13, 2005