    I have been viewing Steves-Digicams.com but I am having difficulty
    finding whether or not the cameras support software control.

    Thanks!

    Fred, Apr 10, 2004

  2. "Fred" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have been looking at the Canon G5 camera for use in a start up
    > studio... One of the things I like about it is the fact that it has
    > remote controlling software. I have also been looking at cameras like
    > the Nikon 5400 and Sony V1...
    >

    > I guess my question is do you know what good Prosumer level 5+ MP
    > cameras can be controlled by software to control the camera functions
    > including shutter release?
    >
    > I have been viewing Steves-Digicams.com but I am having difficulty
    > finding whether or not the cameras support software control.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I have been using the Nikon 5700 and have been very pleased with its image
    quality. I would suggest asking about remote control on the Coolpix 990
    forum:

    as there are some good experts there, including people who have written
    remote control software..... Be aware that functions like a mechanical
    zoom ring (as opposed to push button zoom) cannot be remotely controlled
    on some cameras.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Fred

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Fred <> wrote:
    >I have been looking at the Canon G5 camera for use in a start up
    >studio... One of the things I like about it is the fact that it has
    >remote controlling software. I have also been looking at cameras like
    >the Nikon 5400 and Sony V1...
    >

    >I guess my question is do you know what good Prosumer level 5+ MP
    >cameras can be controlled by software to control the camera functions
    >including shutter release?

    The Olympus 5050 for instance is a very good 5MP camera, although now it
    has been discontinued and replaced by the 5060. Both cameras are
    controllable by a computer, for instance with this software:
    http://www.pinetreecomputing.com/camctl.asp
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Apr 10, 2004
  4. Fred

    John Guest

    >I guess my question is do you know what good Prosumer level 5+ MP
    >cameras can be controlled by software to control the camera functions
    >including shutter release?

    Take a look at the cameras that will work with software like TrapSnap, if a door
    is open an image is captured --
    http://www.notepage.net/netic/trapsnap.htm

    John

    John, Apr 13, 2004