    exam? and how good are those practice test questions....do they really help
    me prepare for the test.......also like to mentioned that i already took the
    exam once and failed it with a 674
    Lisandro, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Lisandro

    James Martin Guest

    I don't think sending any more money to Microsoft will help! Holy crap how
    much did you spend on all this? I just used Sybex and my lab. It sounds
    like you were close, and your score report should give you an <broad> idea
    what your weak areas are. Although I haven't failed a test yet, I keep a
    notepad in my car that I jot down my immediate thoughts right after the exam
    so that I can review anything that gave me trouble.

    You probably have a pretty good grasp of the material and the exam itself
    might be holding you up. Here are a few things I've learned that apply to
    all tests that I've taken in my life:

    1. If you read a question and see the answer immediately, read it again
    thoroughly and make sure it's not a "sucker" answer.
    2. Process of elimination. Look for the wrong answers, which can sometimes
    lead to the right ones, or at least increase your chances of choosing the
    right one.
    3. Answer the question for yourself (if you can) before looking at the
    possible choices
    4. When dealing with long winded questions, use your noteboard and extract
    the relevent data, ignore the irrelevant. Knowing what's relevant--If I
    say, there's 30 windows servers 2003 servers and 1 Netware server, there's
    usually a reason why I tell you about that one.
    5. Keep a running tab of how you think you're doing. I usually have a
    column for questions I know are right, questions I'm not sure of, and
    questions I have no idea about. You then figure out what your percentage is
    and how stressed you should be as you review the ones you marked.
    6. Sometimes there are gifts in the form of similar questions later or
    earlier in the exam that can help clue you in to the right answer.
    7. The answer is ALWAYS right there in front of you.

    Hmm... This is almost as longwinded as a test question.. One other tip for
    290 that I found invaluable, Managing Phys & Logical disks as well as
    Disaster recovery are listed as major objective areas. The problem in a lab
    is, how do you simulate RAID, Mirrors, etc and their failure?? Answer:
    www.vmware.com. Download the 30 day trial and you can run a virtual 2003
    machine with any hard drive config you want and simulate failures as well.

    Don't give up!

    -James

    -James

    "Lisandro" <> wrote in message
    > I need advice on how to go about passing the exam. Ive already taken the
    > 2274 and 2275 courses....also got the MS press self study book ...got some
    > additional reading ...and my own built network to practice on. I also
    > purchased practice test questions from measureup because microsoft

    certifies

    James Martin, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Lisandro

    Guest Guest

    Just Keep on working at those practice exams and maybe get
    some flash cards and you should do fine.

    Regards
    Rob

    Guest, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Lisandro

    SkydiveGuy Guest

    I failed this also... 684 as a score...

    what rights do we have as consumers about this exam!?

    Some of the questions they gave were not even listed in
    their exam objectives!!!!

    Questiosn are poorly worded and do not have anything to do
    with anything you would really do in real life.

    SkydiveGuy, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Lisandro

    Guest Guest

    What free trial?

    VMware Workstatoin 4?

    or ESX or GSX server?

    Guest, Jan 10, 2004
  6. Lisandro

    Guest Guest

    You probably failed because of your inexperience with product.

    Guest, Jan 12, 2004