    thanks for your help
    rgds
    rob
    rob, Jul 1, 2004

  2. rob

    Howard Guest

    rob wrote:

    > looking for advice on value of a 2nd hand (new Apr/Mar 2004) Compaq
    > Presario 2543AH laptop
    > 2.8ghz
    > 512 mb (64 shared)
    > DVD RW
    > lan, modem, etc
    > 15" screen

    My estimate, if it comes with a warranty and a legit OS (not OEM, with COA &
    recoverable etc), it'd be 20% off retail.

    You best bet might be to sell it thru graysonline.co.nz, as I've seen a lot
    of the portables on that site go for higher than retail!

    > and before anyone asks, yes there is a sorry story attached but the
    > bad guy is already banged up (enjoying life at our expense yet again
    > - bastard!)

    And pray do tell us the story!

    HTH

    -H
    Howard, Jul 2, 2004

  3. rob

    rob Guest

    &
    > recoverable etc), it'd be 20% off retail.
    >
    > You best bet might be to sell it thru graysonline.co.nz, as I've seen a

    lot
    > of the portables on that site go for higher than retail!
    >
    > > and before anyone asks, yes there is a sorry story attached but the
    > > bad guy is already banged up (enjoying life at our expense yet again
    > > - bastard!)

    > And pray do tell us the story!
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > -H

    thanks for that Howard
    not sure about the warranty, I suppose it will have the remainder of the
    compaq warranty
    OS is XPPro oem with coa, restore cd etc.

    I was enquiring for someone who bought it only to find out it hadn't been
    paid for by the seller and now wants to negotiate with the legal owner

    rgds
    rob
    rob, Jul 2, 2004