Advice needed....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RHinNC, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. RHinNC

    RHinNC Guest

    I need to upgrade to a new digital camera. I currently have a Sony FD-71
    with a 10x Optical Zoom which has served me very well. I also have a Canon
    EOS 620 with a , 50MM, 35-70MM, 70-210MM and 420EZ Flash. Everything works
    fine, but I have an itch for a new camera that will more or less take the
    place of my aging equipment.

    I have been lurking on this newsgroup and looking at various digital camera
    sites. I like the size and feel of my EOS 620. I have considered the 300D
    Canon, but was sort of discouraged by the fact that I can not use my 420EZ
    flash with it. I am presuming my lenses work with it, so that is a plus.

    Then I read about the Fuji S5000 and S7000 cameras. I like the 10x and 6x
    optical zooms. I also read about a Kodak DX6490. If I were Bill Gates I
    would just get them all and see which one I like.

    It's quite confusing. I like going to Airshows and need/want a camera that
    would be compatible with that kind of photography.

    Any insights would be appreciated as to what other camera I might consider.

    Thanks
    RHinNC, Mar 1, 2004

  2. RHinNC

    Bald Eagle Guest

    Get the rebel you wont be disappointed. I have a sigma super DG 500 flash
    that runs circles around that 420. It can be had for $179.00 Would be a
    shame with all those lenses to chose another camera because of a flash.
    Check out the rebel forum over at dpreview.com

    Bald Eagle, Mar 1, 2004

  3. RHinNC

    RHinNC Guest

    Thanks for the comments.

    RHinNC, Mar 1, 2004
  4. RHinNC

    Bald Eagle Guest

    I'm saving my money for a Canon 100-400mm L lens for my 300D, will be awhile
    tho. The 300D is awesome, you'll love it.

    Bald Eagle, Mar 1, 2004