Advice needed on Multi-region Players...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by G. M. Watson, Jun 18, 2006.

  1. G. M. Watson

    G. M. Watson Guest

    Apologies if this topic has come up recently. I haven't spent any time in
    this NG for quite a while. I need some suggestions-- brand names and
    models-- for multi-region DVD players. It seems to be time to at last take
    the plunge into multi-region.

    I've looked at some players in some of the local Chinese DVD stores and I
    have to say that externally, at least, they look like junk. Maybe I'm biased
    because they only cost about a hundred bucks or less. I recognize none of
    the brand names. We're not high-end purists by any means; for several years
    we've had a Panasonic RP-56 we're quite satisfied with. Since space
    restrictions make it difficult for us to have multiple players, any new
    player we acquire would likely become our primary player. Hence anything we
    replace the Panasonic with would have to be at least as good and preferably
    better.

    If anyone has some brand names/model numbers they'd like to share, please
    let me know. If possible, I'd prefer something that's likely to be available
    in Canada. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    GMW
    G. M. Watson, Jun 18, 2006

  2. "G. M. Watson" <> wrote:

    >If anyone has some brand names/model numbers they'd like to share, please
    >let me know. If possible, I'd prefer something that's likely to be available
    >in Canada. Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Cyberhome 300. Little, cheap, progressive scan output, perfect PAL>NTSC
    conversion. One caveat: If it runs hot when you get it, exchange it
    immediately. This player normally stays at room temperature--unlike many
    other brands. If it doesn't run hot, it should last more than long enough to
    get your money's worth out of it.
    Kimba W. Lion, Jun 18, 2006