    to return this unit to the store now. So my question is, when I go to
    buy another one what is there I may need to look for or ask about
    first to try to avoid having this happen again?

    Primordial Ooze, Oct 22, 2007

  2. Primordial Ooze

    Stan Guest

    Primordial Ooze <> wrote in news:1193083575.677136.37360
    @v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

    > I bought a Magnovox MWD7006, plays my AVI files ok except it will not
    > fill up the screen.

    snip

    I have the same "problem" with my Panasonic EZ27. It was easily fixed by
    using the "aspect ratio" control on my TV's remote to expand the picture.

    Stan, Oct 23, 2007

  3. On Oct 22, 8:34 pm, Stan <> wrote:
    > Primordial Ooze <> wrote in news:1193083575.677136.37360
    > @v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > I bought a Magnovox MWD7006, plays my AVI files ok except it will not
    > > fill up the screen.

    > snip
    >
    > I have the same "problem" with my Panasonic EZ27. It was easily fixed by
    > using the "aspect ratio" control on my TV's remote to expand the picture.

    why did you put problem in quotes? youre not being sarcastic are you?
    my remote doesnt have an aspect ratio control
    nor does the setup menu

    thanks for you response (I think)

    Primordial Ooze, Oct 23, 2007
  4. Primordial Ooze

    Guest

    I have no idea why this is the way that it is but i have figured out
    the problem with the mwd7006 dvd player is displaying some divx/xvid
    files incorrectly. My research show that divx/xvid video that has a
    width of 640 (only tested at 640 higher widths may not display
    correctly) will be displayed correctly. However, if width is below
    640. It will be displayed with the "boxed effect". Boxed effect
    meaning that it has black bars to the left and right. I hope my
    research has been helpful to those having problems with this player.

    , Nov 23, 2007