Advice needed: how much for this computer?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by a.d., Sep 27, 2005.

  1. a.d.

    a.d. Guest

    Hi

    I want to sell my computer. After a general estimate. I think maybe
    $600, but unsure.

    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1.8GHz
    RAM: 512MB DDR
    Video: Leadtek GeForce3 Ti200 64MB DDR
    HDD: 40GB + 60GB (both ATA100)
    Mobo: Gigabit Dual Bios, non-SATA
    Monitor: 17" Dell
    Modem: Belkin ADSL Modem + Dynalink External 56k
    Power Supply: 400W
    Case: Black Mid-Tower Server Case
    Other: Genius keyboard, mouse and speakers

    Cheers
    a.d.
    a.d., Sep 27, 2005

  2. a.d.

    PAM. Guest

    "a.d." <> wrote in message news:433891d1$...
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to sell my computer. After a general estimate. I think maybe
    > $600, but unsure.
    >
    > CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1.8GHz
    > RAM: 512MB DDR
    > Video: Leadtek GeForce3 Ti200 64MB DDR
    > HDD: 40GB + 60GB (both ATA100)
    > Mobo: Gigabit Dual Bios, non-SATA
    > Monitor: 17" Dell
    > Modem: Belkin ADSL Modem + Dynalink External 56k
    > Power Supply: 400W
    > Case: Black Mid-Tower Server Case
    > Other: Genius keyboard, mouse and speakers

    Check out TradeMe to see what they're going for. I'd say at a guess,
    $300-$400

    PAM.
    PAM., Sep 27, 2005

  3. PAM. wrote:
    >>I want to sell my computer. After a general estimate. I think maybe
    >>$600, but unsure.
    >>CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1.8GHz
    >>RAM: 512MB DDR
    >>Video: Leadtek GeForce3 Ti200 64MB DDR
    >>HDD: 40GB + 60GB (both ATA100)
    >>Mobo: Gigabit Dual Bios, non-SATA
    >>Monitor: 17" Dell
    >>Modem: Belkin ADSL Modem + Dynalink External 56k
    >>Power Supply: 400W
    >>Case: Black Mid-Tower Server Case
    >>Other: Genius keyboard, mouse and speakers

    > Check out TradeMe to see what they're going for. I'd say at a guess,
    > $300-$400

    sounds about right.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 27, 2005
  4. a.d.

    PAM. Guest

    > PAM. wrote:
    > > Check out TradeMe to see what they're going for. I'd say at a guess,
    > > $300-$400

    > sounds about right.

    I spent Sunday morning for 4+ hours on trade me looking at things and found
    mine only worth about $200.
    Interesting 'stuff' there though.
    No shelving that I want for my garage unfortunately.

    PAM.
    PAM., Sep 27, 2005
  5. PAM. wrote:
    > I spent Sunday morning for 4+ hours on trade me looking at things and found
    > mine only worth about $200.
    > Interesting 'stuff' there though.
    > No shelving that I want for my garage unfortunately.

    If in dunedin, and wanting industrial style "kinda like the warehouse
    but metal" shelves, they have some at the second hand place on Anzac ave. :)

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 27, 2005
  6. a.d.

    a.d. Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > PAM. wrote:
    >
    >>> I want to sell my computer. After a general estimate. I think maybe
    >>> $600, but unsure.
    >>> CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1.8GHz
    >>> RAM: 512MB DDR
    >>> Video: Leadtek GeForce3 Ti200 64MB DDR
    >>> HDD: 40GB + 60GB (both ATA100)
    >>> Mobo: Gigabit Dual Bios, non-SATA
    >>> Monitor: 17" Dell
    >>> Modem: Belkin ADSL Modem + Dynalink External 56k
    >>> Power Supply: 400W
    >>> Case: Black Mid-Tower Server Case
    >>> Other: Genius keyboard, mouse and speakers

    >> Check out TradeMe to see what they're going for. I'd say at a guess,
    >> $300-$400

    > sounds about right.

    Ye'gads... there goes the 60GB iPod Photo...
    a.d., Sep 27, 2005
  7. a.d. wrote:

    >>> Check out TradeMe to see what they're going for. I'd say at a guess,
    >>> $300-$400

    >> sounds about right.

    > Ye'gads... there goes the 60GB iPod Photo...

    maybe $50 more as it has two Hdd... I forgot to read that bit last time.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 27, 2005
  8. a.d.

    PAM. Guest

    > If in dunedin, and wanting industrial style "kinda like the warehouse
    > but metal" shelves, they have some at the second hand place on Anzac ave.

    :)
    CHC. Bunnings do some good ones for $70 for a 5 shelf 600x200 (or
    thereabouts) Trouble is I want 5-ish. That starts to add up.

    I have a AMD 1.1GHz, 40Gb, Hdd, 512 RAM, CD-RW, Linspire 5.0 - Too keep on
    the nz.comp track
    :)

    PAM.
    PAM., Sep 27, 2005
  9. a.d.

    GraB Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:49:41 +1200, "PAM." <>
    wrote:

    >"a.d." <> wrote in message news:433891d1$...
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I want to sell my computer. After a general estimate. I think maybe
    >> $600, but unsure.
    >>
    >> CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1.8GHz
    >> RAM: 512MB DDR
    >> Video: Leadtek GeForce3 Ti200 64MB DDR
    >> HDD: 40GB + 60GB (both ATA100)
    >> Mobo: Gigabit Dual Bios, non-SATA
    >> Monitor: 17" Dell
    >> Modem: Belkin ADSL Modem + Dynalink External 56k
    >> Power Supply: 400W
    >> Case: Black Mid-Tower Server Case
    >> Other: Genius keyboard, mouse and speakers

    >Check out TradeMe to see what they're going for. I'd say at a guess,
    >$300-$400
    >
    >PAM.

    Regardless of what happens on TradeMe where there may be an
    oversupply, I think that may be a bit low. It is still a highly
    usable PC with good specs. You might get a better price in the paper.
    GraB, Sep 27, 2005
  10. T'was the Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:19:31 +1200 when I remembered GraB
    <> saying something like this:

    >Regardless of what happens on TradeMe where there may be an
    >oversupply, I think that may be a bit low. It is still a highly
    >usable PC with good specs. You might get a better price in the paper.

    Or Cash Converters.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Sep 27, 2005
  11. a.d.

    Richard Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > Or Cash Converters.

    No, they seem to pay about 1/3 to 1/4 of what things are sold for in the shop.
    Richard, Sep 28, 2005