    connection?

    Advice welcomed.

    Alan.

    Alan Foster, Oct 15, 2006

  2. Alan Foster

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Alan Foster" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:p.thgrhby6a48l90@office
    > I would appreciate some help with how to set up dialling
    > rules.
    > Firstly, the help window does not give format/example of
    > number ranges - is it sufficient to put '01' or '07' or
    > do I have to put in wild card characters for each digit?
    > - if so what character?

    Hi Alan,

    This is quite straightforward, you can put in a full number if you want
    that number always to be routed via a specific account or the fixed line,
    or you can put in just the first few digits, for example 087 is sufficient
    to route all 0870/0871 calls over the fixed line or wherever, 07 will
    route all mobile calls wherever you want them to go.

    > Secondly, how do I make all outgoing calls default to a
    > VoIP line (apart from the emergency numbers) with
    > fallover to fixed line if there is no connection?

    Nothing needed, if there isn't a dialling rule set up to route a number a
    specific way, then it will default to the first or second account
    (depending on the phone socket being used). If the power fails or if there
    is no connection, the fixed line should be used automatically.

    Any further questions please ask.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 15, 2006

  3. "Alan Foster" <> wrote in message

    > I would appreciate some help with how to set up dialling rules.
    >
    > Firstly, the help window does not give format/example of number ranges -
    > is it sufficient to put '01' or '07' or do I have to put in wild card
    > characters for each digit? - if so what character?
    >
    > Secondly, how do I make all outgoing calls default to a VoIP line (apart
    > from the emergency numbers) with fallover to fixed line if there is no
    > connection?
    >
    > Advice welcomed.
    >
    > Alan.

    Ivor already correctly answered your question.
    What I would like to add is some info to make calling via VoIPBuster & Co
    easier with a FritzBox.

    The point is that VoIPBuster & Co expects international dialling numbers.
    Like 00441...... Normally you dial 01.....

    I will send you some screenshots for NL. It is in German, but the English
    firmware has the same pictures so I am confidemt that you can use it. May be
    you can repost it in Englich based on the English firmware. The screenshots
    cannot be posted in a newsgrouip, sorry.

    The first part is for making the international format number from national
    format numbers. The second part is for adding the area code in case you use
    only the local number.

    Rgds, Henk
    Henk van Andel, Oct 15, 2006
  4. Alan Foster

    Alan Foster Guest

    On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 15:55:57 +0100, Ivor Jones <>
    wrote:

    > Hi Alan,

    .....(message snipped for brevity)

    > Any further questions please ask.
    >
    > Ivor

    Thanks Ivor. Your knowledge and help is - as always - much appreciated.

    Alan.

    Alan Foster, Oct 15, 2006
  5. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Nothing needed, if there isn't a dialling rule set up to route a number a
    > specific way, then it will default to the first or second account
    > (depending on the phone socket being used). If the power fails or if there
    > is no connection, the fixed line should be used automatically.

    small correction
    * if no dialing rule:
    - in case ISDN phone or PABX connected to the FritzBox: the MSN
    used to dial out will decide which line will be used (PSTN or Voip account)
    - in case analogue phones connected to the Box: the socket used
    will decide which line will be used (depending how you did setup the default
    for each of the sockets: PSTN or Voip account
    * you also can setup the Box to allways use PSTN as fallback (e.g. if the
    selected Voip account has no credit and the connection is refused ...)

    * last but not least: dialing prefixes (*11# for fixed line, *121#, *122#
    etc for Voip accounts) will allways overrule above

    Philippe
    Philippe Deleye, Oct 15, 2006
  6. My promissed message to you bounced. I can only send it if you let me know
    your real email address!

    Gr Henk

    Henk van Andel, Oct 15, 2006
  7. Alan Foster

    Herman Guest

    >> What I would like to add is some info to make calling via VoIPBuster & Co
    > easier with a FritzBox.
    >
    > The point is that VoIPBuster & Co expects international dialling numbers.
    > Like 00441...... Normally you dial 01.....

    I would certainly like to know how to do this. I tried specifying this on
    each of the sip accounts but dialing a UK number over a Dutch provider
    resulted in the FritzBox dialling 00310044.... and obviously failing

    I currently format local numbers using the access code, but this is only
    valid for fixed line which isn't a problem anyway, and doesn't cover
    international format.
    Herman, Oct 16, 2006
  8. Alan Foster

    philpot

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Hi, I have a question related to this thread. How do you use Number Range field on the Fritz Box in dialing rules. I always end up setting up each instance as a single rule. When you click the choice arrow on the Number Range field is simply comes up with the words Number Range and you can't overtype in this field.

    Regards

    Hope this question is asked in the correct place
    philpot, Jun 19, 2013