    There are quite a few programs, but they all seem to do do too much and
    suggest conflicts with my firewall.

    Any suggestions?
    suryah, Dec 23, 2004

  2. suryah

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:20:15 +0000 (UTC), "suryah"
    <> wrote:

    >I need an encryption program, but I don't want soemthing that gets it's
    >fingers all over the system. I had a heck of a time with PGP.
    >
    >All I want is a simple but powerful program. I just type in the name of the
    >file that I want encrypted and it does it. I can then leave the file where
    >it is, or email it. I don't want it integrated into the browser or anything
    >like that.
    >
    >There are quite a few programs, but they all seem to do do too much and
    >suggest conflicts with my firewall.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    An older version of PGP ?

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Dec 23, 2004

  3. suryah

    Jon Cosby Guest

    "suryah" <> wrote:

    >I need an encryption program, but I don't want soemthing that gets it's
    > fingers all over the system. I had a heck of a time with PGP.
    >
    > All I want is a simple but powerful program. I just type in the name of
    > the
    > file that I want encrypted and it does it. I can then leave the file where
    > it is, or email it. I don't want it integrated into the browser or
    > anything
    > like that.
    >
    > There are quite a few programs, but they all seem to do do too much and
    > suggest conflicts with my firewall.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Try Gnu PG. It's free and open source replacement for PGP.

    http://www.gnupg.org/

    Jon Cosby
    Jon Cosby, Dec 23, 2004
  4. suryah

    nemo outis Guest

    "suryah" <> wrote in

    > I need an encryption program, but I don't want soemthing that gets
    > it's fingers all over the system. I had a heck of a time with PGP.
    >
    > All I want is a simple but powerful program. I just type in the name
    > of the file that I want encrypted and it does it. I can then leave the
    > file where it is, or email it. I don't want it integrated into the
    > browser or anything like that.
    >
    > There are quite a few programs, but they all seem to do do too much
    > and suggest conflicts with my firewall.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Your requirements are your own business, of course. However, on the face
    of it, what you want will be woefully inadequate for most purposes. It's
    up to you, but I suggest you specify your needs rather than what you
    perceive as the solution when posing your question to the group.

    Regards,

    ..
    nemo outis, Dec 23, 2004