    outtakes and radio broadcasts.

    Sept. 30 (prebook Sept. 2)

    http://www.videobusiness.com/article.asp?articleID=5728&catType=NEWS

    Scot Gardner, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Scot Gardner wrote:

    > The Adventures of Robin Hood will include a commentary by film historian
    > Rudy Behlmer, a music-only track, the 65th anniversary documentary
    > Welcome to Sherwood: The Story of the Adventures of Robin Hood, classic
    > Looney Tunes cartoons

    "...Nahhh, that's silly--Couldn't be HIM."

    > vintage Warner movie shorts, a featurette on
    > Robin Hood adaptations through the ages, home movies from the set,
    > outtakes and radio broadcasts.
    >
    > Sept. 30 (prebook Sept. 2)

    Now, if they'd just give us that non-crammed 2-disk Wizard of Oz SE.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Scot Gardner

    TSKO Guest

    WOO HOO!!

    Sorry......couldnt contain my excitement.....been waiting for this one for
    awhile now

    TSKO, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message

    [Robin Hood 2-disk DVD extravaganza details snipped]

    <<Now, if they'd just give us that non-crammed 2-disk Wizard of Oz SE.>>

    Derek Janssen

    Yeah, or maybe even a 2-disk _Gone With The Wind_.

    Scot Gardner, Jul 1, 2003
  5. TSKO wrote:

    > > > The Adventures of Robin Hood will include a commentary by film

    > historian
    > > > Rudy Behlmer, a music-only track, the 65th anniversary documentary
    > > > Welcome to Sherwood: The Story of the Adventures of Robin Hood, classic
    > > > Looney Tunes cartoons

    > > "...Nahhh, that's silly--Couldn't be HIM."

    And, of course:
    "Ho, ha-ha, guard, turn, perry, dodge, spin, ha, thrust!"

    > > > vintage Warner movie shorts, a featurette on
    > > > Robin Hood adaptations through the ages, home movies from the set,
    > > > outtakes and radio broadcasts.
    > > > Sept. 30 (prebook Sept. 2)

    Apparently, Warner doesn't want their *main* 2-disk-fixup line (Right
    Stuff, Giant, etc.) to be upstaged, so--like Disney suddenly doubling up
    their Platinum line to get things out while they can--they're now
    ushering in a second "Night at the Movies" (ie. period featurettes,
    newsreels, cartoons) line for more 2-disked-up classics in a year:
    Robin will be making his shelf entrance accompanied by "Treasure of the
    Sierra Madre" and "Yankee Doodle Dandy".

    > WOO HOO!!

    Indeed. ^_^

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jul 1, 2003
  6. > TSKO wrote:

    > > historian
    > > >
    > > > "...Nahhh, that's silly--Couldn't be HIM."

    > And, of course:
    > "Ho, ha-ha, guard, turn, perry, dodge, spin, ha, thrust!"

    > Apparently, Warner doesn't want their *main* 2-disk-fixup line (Right
    > Stuff, Giant, etc.) to be upstaged, so--like Disney suddenly doubling up
    > their Platinum line to get things out while they can--they're now
    > ushering in a second "Night at the Movies" (ie. period featurettes,
    > newsreels, cartoons) line for more 2-disked-up classics in a year:
    > Robin will be making his shelf entrance accompanied by "Treasure of the
    > Sierra Madre" and "Yankee Doodle Dandy".

    And needless to add, one of the confirmed Looney cartoons accompanying
    "Sierra Madre" will be:
    "...Shay, pahdon me, but could you help out a fellow American who's down
    on his luck?"

    Derek Janssen (hit da road!)

    Derek Janssen, Jul 1, 2003
  7. Scot Gardner

    jayembee Guest

    "Scot Gardner" <> wrote:

    ><<Now, if they'd just give us that non-crammed 2-disk Wizard of Oz SE.>>
    >
    >Yeah, or maybe even a 2-disk _Gone With The Wind_.

    A Special Edition of GWTW is rumored to be on the docket for the
    film's 65th Anniversary next year. That would also be the right time
    for a 2-disk SE of WOZ, though I haven't heard of any rumors to that
    effect.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 1, 2003
  8. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Scot Gardner" <> wrote:
    >
    > ><<Now, if they'd just give us that non-crammed 2-disk Wizard of Oz

    SE.>>

    > >Yeah, or maybe even a 2-disk _Gone With The Wind_.

    > A Special Edition of GWTW is rumored to be on the docket for the
    > film's 65th Anniversary next year. That would also be the right time
    > for a 2-disk SE of WOZ, though I haven't heard of any rumors to that
    > effect.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Sounds good, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the release
    schedule of the Warner re-releases, such as this 61st anniversary DVD:

    _Casablanca_ (Special Edition) (1942)

    Studio: Warner Home Video

    DVD Release Date: August 5, 2003

    DVD Features:

    Commentary by critic Roger Ebert

    Commentary by author-historian Rudy Behlmer

    Theatrical trailer(s)

    Introduction by Lauren Bacall

    New digital transfer

    Nearly 10 minutes of newly found deleted scenes and outtakes

    Bacall hosts two documentaries, "You Must Remember This" and "Bacall
    on Bogart"

    "The Children Remember": parental memories from Stephen Bogart and
    Ingrid Bergman's daughters Pia Lindstrom and Isabella Rosselini

    The Looney Tunes homage "Carrotblanca"

    Premier episode from the 1955 Casablanca TV series

    Audio-only treasures: "Screen Guild Players Radio Production" with
    the three stars, plus rare scoring session outtakes

    Production history gallery: Photos, press materials, studio
    correspondence, memorabilia, and more

    Full-screen format

    Number of discs: 2

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...910593-6153637?v=glance&s=dvd#product-details

    Scot Gardner, Jul 1, 2003
  9. gone with the wind/wizard of oz

    2004 will see a new edition, VERY likely. Olivia DeHavilland already
    recorded a commentary for the film (along with Robin Hood...it's not in the
    press release yet)

    Plus, Lowry Digital Images expressed interest in doing new restorations at
    2K for Gone With The Wind and The Wizard of Oz in Ultra-Resolution.

    They also expressed interest in Sunset Blvd. a few years ago, and you see
    what happened. :)

    Patrick McCart, Jul 1, 2003
  10. Re: gone with the wind/wizard of oz

    Patrick McCart wrote:

    > 2004 will see a new edition, VERY likely. Olivia DeHavilland already
    > recorded a commentary for the film (along with Robin Hood...it's not in the
    > press release yet)
    >
    > Plus, Lowry Digital Images expressed interest in doing new restorations at
    > 2K for Gone With The Wind and The Wizard of Oz in Ultra-Resolution.
    >
    > They also expressed interest in Sunset Blvd. a few years ago, and you see
    > what happened. :)

    Yes, but unlike Sunset, there actually *ARE* existing 35mm prints of
    GWTW and WOz...

    (For now, like "Right Stuff" and "Amadeus", Warner 2-disking depends on
    just how MUCH fans hated the previous clumsy proto-Warner release--
    Which doesn't put WOz out of the running, but...)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jul 1, 2003
  11. jayembee wrote:

    > "Scot Gardner" <> wrote:
    >
    > ><<Now, if they'd just give us that non-crammed 2-disk Wizard of Oz SE.>>
    > >

    > A Special Edition of GWTW is rumored to be on the docket for the
    > film's 65th Anniversary next year. That would also be the right time
    > for a 2-disk SE of WOZ, though I haven't heard of any rumors to that
    > effect.

    And much as I like the Angela Lansbury version, Turner's new half-hour
    "Memories of Oz" featurette showing with the TCM broadcast DESERVES to
    share a bonus disk.

    (Not to mention, if it'll finally give Disk 1 that space for the
    historian commentary track from the LD...)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jul 1, 2003