    Thanks,
    Rick
    , Sep 27, 2006

  2. Hi Rick,

    You may wish to investigate the Altair Technologies FireGen for PIX Log
    Analyzer 2.0:

    http://www.eventid.net/firegen/firegenpix2.asp

    Features

    http://www.eventid.net/firegen/pix2features.asp

    http://www.eventid.net/firegen/fgpix2faq.asp

    "sample" firewall log analysis

    http://www.eventid.net/firegen/sample-2005-08-31-110059-ondemand.html

    Sample configuration analysis report

    http://www.eventid.net/firegen/pixconfig-2004-03-17-220752.html

    Sample IP Forensics analysis report

    http://www.eventid.net/firegen/ipforensics_report.asp

    Log Monitoring

    http://www.eventid.net/firegen/office-monstats.html

    Firewall log analyzer developed by firewall administrators.

    Its purpose is to replicate the steps that a "real world" firewall
    administrator would take in analyzing firewall logs.

    It helps you consolidating the messages recorded by the firewall,
    filter these messages, quickly obtain information about protocols, IP
    addresses or hosts listed in the logs.

    It also links to our central database with the latest information about
    various types of messages generated by the firewall.

    FireGen for PIX supports logs from the Cisco PIX/FWSM/ASA* firewalls
    version 5.x, 6.3.x and 7.x.

    As a beta implementation, FireGen supports logs from Cisco routers
    (using Kiwi or WinSyslog syslog server logs).

    The FireGen for PIX configuration analysis engine supports config files
    from the Cisco PIX/FWSM* firewalls version 6.x.

    "Wow! Finally a no-nonsense log analyzer for those interested in what's
    happening in their logs!" - Marius Mocanu, CISSP

    "I was very happy to find FireGen. While my customers typically use
    the likes of CiscoWorks VMS, netForensics, etc., some of them could
    also get good use out of FireGen for quick looks into what's going on
    on an individual PIX. I love the way it's so light-weight, fast, and
    self-contained." - Anonymous,CCIE,CISSP

    "FireGen has saved so much time and money. I can nail down issues in
    minutes rather then days. I read the logs from all 3 PIX firewalls
    everyday looking for anomalies. It's the best product we got, it
    never fails. We are parsing 600Meg - 1Gig log files every night with
    this and it rocks." - Ryan Jacobson, Senior Network Engineer

    "I did not have much experience with firewall log interpreters, but
    FireGen worked very well for me. In a short time, I managed to isolate
    and repair firewall issues with the help of the reports generated by
    FireGen." - Victor Terblanche, CEO, Daily Tenders

    "I think your product is outstanding. Every morning, I have two emails
    waiting for me. One for the Event Logs (MoniLog), and the other for the
    PIX logs (FireGen). I recommend you guys every chance I get. You make
    my life MUCH easier." - Eric B. Rux, Information Systems Manager,
    Microsoft MVP, Pearson Packaging Systems

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17