Advanced replacement and SmartNet

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Marco Matarazzo, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    just a quick question, I can't seem to find the answer on the Cisco site.
    From a Cisco price list i get:

    Virtual Packaged Advanced Replacement -- Category 1 -- 8x5xNBD € 38.19

    and

    Virtual Packaged SMARTnet -- Category 1 -- 8x5xNBD € 112.56

    So I imagine that the Advanced Replacement doesn't has all the 'features'
    of a full SMARTnet (TAC Support, software download, etc.), as it costs far
    less. Is that true? So to have both TAC support AND advanced replacement,
    should I buy both?

    --
    Thanks!
    ]\/[arco
    Marco Matarazzo, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Marco Matarazzo

    Cristiano Guest

    > So I imagine that the Advanced Replacement doesn't has all the 'features'
    > of a full SMARTnet (TAC Support, software download, etc.), as it costs far
    > less. Is that true? So to have both TAC support AND advanced replacement,
    > should I buy both?

    AR contract gives you only ONE replacement per contract.
    SMARTNET contract includes AR for one year.

    ciao
    Cristiano, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Marco Matarazzo wrote:

    > Hi all,

    Hi,

    > So I imagine that the Advanced Replacement doesn't has all the 'features'
    > of a full SMARTnet (TAC Support, software download, etc.), as it costs far
    > less. Is that true? So to have both TAC support AND advanced replacement,
    > should I buy both?

    Advanced Replacement offers ONLY ONE replacement per contract & year. NO
    TAC and NO software support. SMARTnet offers all features and multiple
    replacements per contract.

    HTH,
    Alexander
    Alexander Apathy, Jun 25, 2004
  4. Alexander Apathy <> wrote in
    comp.dcom.sys.cisco:

    > Marco Matarazzo wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>

    > Hi,
    >

    >> So I imagine that the Advanced Replacement doesn't has all the
    >> 'features' of a full SMARTnet (TAC Support, software download, etc.),
    >> as it costs far less. Is that true? So to have both TAC support AND
    >> advanced replacement, should I buy both?
    >>

    > Advanced Replacement offers ONLY ONE replacement per contract & year.
    > NO TAC and NO software support. SMARTnet offers all features and
    > multiple replacements per contract.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Alexander

    Thanks Alexander and Cristiano, now it's all clear to me! ;)

    --
    Ciao!
    ]\/[arco
    Marco Matarazzo, Jun 25, 2004