    bombarded at the same site by Third Party Cookies a have to continually
    block them.

    Wayne R. Russ
    Wayne R. Russ, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Wayne R. Russ

    GTS Guest

    I recommend just blocking 3rd party cookies. They rarely if ever have a
    purpose other than ad tracking, and there's no real downside to blocking
    them all. (I also prefer to block First Party cookies and enable only those
    I need, but some find this too much trouble.)
    --

    "Wayne R. Russ" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I have gone to Advanced Privacy Settings in Internet Options, in IE 6
    > and made these settings.
    >
    > First Party Cookies: Accept
    > Third Party Cookies: Prompt
    >
    > When I am prompted that a Third Party Cookie is trying to load, I am
    > given the option to Apply My Decision To All Cookies From This Web Site,
    > when choosing whether to block, or accept the Cookie. Could/ Would someone
    > tell me whether I should take that to mean literally every Cookie from

    that

    GTS, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Wayne R. Russ

    Michael-NC Guest

    Ditto. Block all third party cookies. You never want to set it to "prompt."

    Michael-NC, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Wayne R. Russ

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in

    > Ditto. Block all third party cookies. You never want to set it to
    > "prompt."

    I believe Hotmail requires 3rd party cookies.
    Jim Berwick, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Wayne R. Russ

    Michael-NC Guest

    I have the IE privacy setting on High, ZoneAlarm Pro set to block third
    party cookies and Hotmail works fine.

    Michael-NC, Jun 6, 2004
  6. Wayne R. Russ

    GTS Guest

    No. It doesn't.

    GTS, Jun 6, 2004
  7. Wayne R. Russ

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    It blocks third party cookies that do not have a compact privacy policy.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 7, 2004
  8. Wayne R. Russ

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It blocks third party cookies that do not have a compact privacy policy.
    >
    > LJ

    I assume you're not talking about ZoneAlarm Pro, which I mentioned in the
    post. It blocks third party cookies, period. Hotmail still works fine. :)
    Michael-NC, Jun 7, 2004
  9. Wayne R. Russ

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    No mate im talking about IE 6, I meant to post it up a few. I block third
    party cookies, period, using Norton Internet Security and Hotmail also works
    fine with me.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 7, 2004
  10. Wayne R. Russ

    > No mate im talking about IE 6, I meant to post it up a few. I block third
    > party cookies, period, using Norton Internet Security and Hotmail also

    works
    > fine with me.
    >
    > LJ

    Maybe I shouldn't say that Hotmail works fine. I get 60 bloody spams a day
    delivered to the junk folder...
    Michael-NC, Jun 7, 2004
  11. Thank You Everyone,

    Thank You for all of your replies. What I have decided to do, from what
    I have read in these replies, is to Block all Third Party Cookies as well.
    My only responsibility now is that when I start to have trouble with a
    particular web site, I have to remember that it might very well be because
    of Blocked Cookies and take the appropriate action.

    Again, Thank You. You have help me decide on what I can do to solve my
    problem.

    Thank You,

    Wayne R. Russ

    Wayne R. Russ, Jun 8, 2004