Advanced inkjet printing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark Herring, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. Mark Herring

    Mark Herring Guest

    I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
    possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
    printing. Topics might include:

    3rd party inks
    continuous feed systems
    archival inks
    paper (media)
    mounting
    monochrome printing

    If you read this outside of rec.photo.digtal, please "reply to all
    groups". Feel free to send me private e-mail also (remove the "No")

    Thanks

    Mark
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".
    Mark Herring, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Mark Herring

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: Mark Herring

    >I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
    >possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
    >printing. Topics might include:
    >
    >3rd party inks
    >continuous feed systems
    >archival inks
    >paper (media)
    >mounting
    >monochrome printing

    Seems like all of these topics are covered on the various Yahoo groups
    dedicated to digital printing issues, but you might have to search around a bit
    to find the exact right one.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Mark Herring

    Guest Guest

    Gets my vote.
    Guest, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Mark Herring <> writes:

    > I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
    > possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
    > printing. Topics might include:
    >
    > 3rd party inks
    > continuous feed systems
    > archival inks
    > paper (media)
    > mounting
    > monochrome printing
    >
    > If you read this outside of rec.photo.digtal, please "reply to all
    > groups". Feel free to send me private e-mail also (remove the "No")
    >
    > Thanks

    You might want to check out dpreview.com's Printers and Printing forum. I've
    seen posts on most of these topics on a regular basis (I don't recall that many
    monochrome printing posts, but I may have forgotten about them, since at
    present I'm not as interested in the topic):

    http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1003

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Mark Herring

    Winston Guest

    Mark Herring <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
    > possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
    > printing. Topics might include:
    >
    > 3rd party inks
    > continuous feed systems
    > archival inks
    > paper (media)
    > mounting
    > monochrome printing
    >
    > If you read this outside of rec.photo.digtal, please "reply to all
    > groups". Feel free to send me private e-mail also (remove the "No")
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mark
    > **************************

    There's a newsgroup called something like comp.periphs.printers

    That would be a great place to start.

    Winston, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Mark Herring

    T. Phillips Guest

    Yahoo groups has many groups for just this thing.
    Do a yahoo group search for black&white, fine art prints. inkjets , epson
    printers
    If you can't find them email me direct and I will give you the exact group
    names.
    Good day,
    Toby

    T. Phillips, Nov 12, 2003
  7. Mark Herring

    Rafe B. Guest

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:24:29 -0800, Mark Herring
    <> wrote:

    >I would like to hear from anyone interested in a mailing list--or
    >possibly a new group--devoted to various aspects of advanced ink-jet
    >printing. Topics might include:
    >
    >3rd party inks
    >continuous feed systems
    >archival inks
    >paper (media)
    >mounting
    >monochrome printing
    >
    >If you read this outside of rec.photo.digtal, please "reply to all
    >groups". Feel free to send me private e-mail also (remove the "No")

    There are three groups in particular on Yahoo to suit
    your interests:

    Epson_Printers
    EpsonWideFormat
    Canon-printers

    Given that you want to talk about CISs and 3rd party inks,
    that mostly points to Epson, though Canon is catching up.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com
    Rafe B., Nov 13, 2003
  8. Highly recommend reading the cover story interview in Shutterbug, Nov 2003.

    George Preddy, Nov 13, 2003