    completely frozen. I can't even push ctrl Alt Delete to find out what's
    going on all I can do is push the reset button. Does anyone have any idea
    what's going on?

    Jamie, May 21, 2005

  2. Jamie

    JANA Guest

    If you are running 2000 or XP, did you check the event logs, to see what the
    error report is?

    Have Dr. Watson running on the startup, so that you can have a detailed
    system log, to check all the events that have been going on. The help system
    in Windows has some very good details about using Dr. Watson. Do a search
    for using Dr. Watson.

    It is possible that there is a caching problem, or a driver problem with the
    wireless card, or something in the hardware is failing.

    These problems are sometimes difficult to find. Sometimes re-installation of
    the drivers, or swapping the involved hardware is the route to go for
    troubleshooting this type of thing. However, start by checking the event
    logs.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Jamie" <> wrote in message
    I have recently got ADSL wireless internet on. Ever since I have it's been
    on I leave my computer switched on for a couple of hours and when I go back
    the light on the wireless adapter has gone out and my computer has

    JANA, May 21, 2005

  3. "Jamie" <> wrote in message
    >I have recently got ADSL wireless internet on. Ever since I have it's been
    > on I leave my computer switched on for a couple of hours and when I go
    > back
    > the light on the wireless adapter has gone out and my computer has
    > completely frozen. I can't even push ctrl Alt Delete to find out what's
    > going on all I can do is push the reset button. Does anyone have any idea
    > what's going on?

    That's life with the wireless sometimes. Do you have the same problem if the
    machine is connected with a wire connection. If this is an NT based O/S like
    Win 2k or XP did you download the card's driver and install the driver and
    configure the card using the Device Manager on the O/S? Using the O/S Device
    Manager to do the install and config of the wireless card can make things
    more stable using wireless. Are you using the card's utility to show signal
    strength, which can also make things unstable between the utility and the
    O/S?

    Duane :)

    Hate K-CSC Duane ;-\), May 21, 2005

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! You techno-fucktard ****.

    Warrant Officer Rodney Monningway-Appersten, May 21, 2005