Adsl+sip+did

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by SIP2PSTN, May 1, 2005.

  1. SIP2PSTN

    SIP2PSTN Guest

    We are a small solution company in I ndia , we want to make a VOI
    solution package for SMEs who would like to have a Virtual Phone Numbe
    in U.S and other countries . For this we want to use the existin
    internet infrastructure mostly avaliable to businesses which is ADS
    256Kpbs to 512kpbs . We want to use DID (virtual phone number provider
    ) providers which support SIP like www.pulver.com etc and have the call
    from the phone numbers in U.S or other country to be fowarded to SI
    numbers which will be answered in Indi a at offices of respectiv
    offices who owns the DID number .

    We need advice to achive the following which is based on cheap solutio
    or product like Cisco ATA & VPC1000 FXS to FXO Port Converter b
    http://www.pcphoneline.com , Most SME business owners wants the call
    recieved from U.S which can be of potential customers should b
    answered by them than an employee of the company so we need a solutio
    which can make calls receieved on standard phone device using simila
    to ATA in the office or fowared to mobile phone of the owner using
    PSTN line of their office after recieveing the call from SIP using ADS
    in the same office .

    Diagram:-
    U.S Local No(DID )- SIP(pulver.com)- Internet- India(ADSL)- SIP Phon
    / Fowarded to Mobile Using PSTN line.

    Can some one suggest such a solution , It would be breatly appreciate

    --
    SIP2PSTN
    SIP2PSTN, May 1, 2005

  2. SIP2PSTN wrote:
    > We are a small solution company in I ndia , we want to make a VOIP
    > solution package for SMEs who would like to have a Virtual Phone
    > Number in U.S and other countries . For this we want to use the
    > existing internet infrastructure mostly avaliable to businesses
    > which is ADSL 256Kpbs to 512kpbs . We want to use DID (virtual
    > phone number providers) providers which support SIP like
    > www.pulver.com etc and have the calls from the phone numbers in
    > U.S or other country to be fowarded to SIP numbers which will be
    > answered in Indi a at offices of respective offices who owns the
    > DID number .
    >
    > We need advice to achive the following which is based on cheap
    > solution or product like Cisco ATA & VPC1000 FXS to FXO Port
    > Converter by http://www.pcphoneline.com , Most SME business
    > owners wants the calls recieved from U.S which can be of
    > potential customers should be answered by them than an employee
    > of the company so we need a solution which can make calls
    > receieved on standard phone device using similar to ATA in the
    > office or fowared to mobile phone of the owner using a PSTN line
    > of their office after recieveing the call from SIP using ADSL
    > in the same office .
    >
    > Diagram:-
    > U.S Local No(DID )- SIP(pulver.com)- Internet- India(ADSL)- SIP
    > Phone / Fowarded to Mobile Using PSTN line.
    >
    > Can some one suggest such a solution , It would be breatly
    > appreciated

    Piece of cake: www.ipkall.com -> FWD number, on which a Sipura SPA-3000
    will register its PSTN section, converting incoming SIP calls to PSTN
    calls to a given number: e.g., to call the local number 12345678, with
    a dialplan:

    (<:12345678#>)

    (being the calld number a fixed one, caller authentication is not
    necessary).

    The manual of the SPA-3000 is at:
    http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf

    Enzo
    Enzo Michelangeli, May 1, 2005

  3. SIP2PSTN

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    SIP2PSTN <> wrote:
    > We are a small solution company in I ndia , we want to make a VOIP
    > solution package for SMEs who would like to have a Virtual Phone Number
    > in U.S and other countries . For this we want to use the existing
    > internet infrastructure mostly avaliable to businesses which is ADSL
    > 256Kpbs to 512kpbs . We want to use DID (virtual phone number providers
    > ) providers which support SIP like www.pulver.com etc and have the calls
    > from the phone numbers in U.S or other country to be fowarded to SIP
    > numbers which will be answered in Indi a at offices of respective
    > offices who owns the DID number .

    You can get phone numbers from a variety of countries here:

    http://www.libretel.com/

    I have had a US phone number from them (cost $8 to set up, $6/month) for
    several months and it has worked flawlessly.

    Then get a device like the Supura 3000 that will forward incoming SIP calls
    to a local number by dialing through its PSTN port.

    miguel
    Miguel Cruz, May 1, 2005
  4. SIP2PSTN

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Miguel Cruz wrote:

    [snip]

    > You can get phone numbers from a variety of countries here:
    >
    > http://www.libretel.com/
    >
    > I have had a US phone number from them (cost $8 to set up,
    > $6/month) for several months and it has worked flawlessly.
    >
    > Then get a device like the Supura 3000 that will forward incoming
    > SIP calls to a local number by dialing through its PSTN port.
    >
    > miguel

    Or you can get a US number totally free from www.ipkall.com - works to my
    UK Sipgate account perfectly.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 2, 2005
  5. SIP2PSTN

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Ivor Jones <> wrote:
    > Miguel Cruz wrote:
    >> You can get phone numbers from a variety of countries here:
    >>
    >> http://www.libretel.com/
    >>
    >> I have had a US phone number from them (cost $8 to set up,
    >> $6/month) for several months and it has worked flawlessly.

    > Or you can get a US number totally free from www.ipkall.com - works to my
    > UK Sipgate account perfectly.

    True, but:

    A) For commercial purposes I would have greater trust for something that
    was not free. If ipkall decides to change or cancel my phone number, I have
    no recourse against them, and I have to reprint all my stationery at
    considerable cost to myself.

    B) Ipkall's numbers are all in Washington State, which I have never heard of
    but presume is some sort of rubella-infested wasteland populated by underfed
    mangy bears and the occasional rabid beaver. Since they're already going
    through the effort to fake it, many people would prefer to go all the way
    and get a New York City or Los Angeles number.

    miguel
    Miguel Cruz, May 2, 2005
  6. SIP2PSTN

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Miguel Cruz wrote:
    > Ivor Jones <> wrote:
    >> Miguel Cruz wrote:
    >>> You can get phone numbers from a variety of countries here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.libretel.com/
    >>>
    >>> I have had a US phone number from them (cost $8 to set up,
    >>> $6/month) for several months and it has worked flawlessly.

    >> Or you can get a US number totally free from www.ipkall.com -
    >> works to my UK Sipgate account perfectly.

    > True, but:
    >
    > A) For commercial purposes I would have greater trust for something
    > that was not free. If ipkall decides to change or cancel my phone
    > number, I have no recourse against them, and I have to reprint all
    > my stationery at considerable cost to myself.

    True, but paying for something doesn't mean it won't get cancelled. Even
    if you do have recourse against them, you'd still have to reprint
    stationery..!

    > B) Ipkall's numbers are all in Washington State, which I have never
    > heard of but presume is some sort of rubella-infested wasteland
    > populated by underfed mangy bears and the occasional rabid beaver.
    > Since they're already going through the effort to fake it, many
    > people would prefer to go all the way and get a New York City or
    > Los Angeles number.

    Wow, where do you live..? Even in the backwoods of the UK I've heard of
    Washington State <g>

    Yes, well if it came to it. personally I'd like 415 (San Francisco) or 480
    (Phoenix) numbers, since that's where my friends are, but as they get
    inclusive calls to any US number as part of their line rental, they can
    call me for free whatever my area code is.

    BTW if you want free UK numbers (any code) you can get them from
    www.sipgate.co.uk - the only stipulation is that you must do the
    registration from a UK based IP address, but that's not difficult.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 2, 2005
  7. SIP2PSTN

    John Nelson Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > Or you can get a US number totally free from www.ipkall.com - works to my
    > > UK Sipgate account perfectly.

    > True, but:
    >
    > A) For commercial purposes I would have greater trust for something that
    > was not free. If ipkall decides to change or cancel my phone number, I have
    > no recourse against them, and I have to reprint all my stationery at
    > considerable cost to myself.

    A valid concern, to be sure.

    > B) Ipkall's numbers are all in Washington State, which I have never heard of
    > but presume is some sort of rubella-infested wasteland populated by underfed
    > mangy bears and the occasional rabid beaver. Since they're already going
    > through the effort to fake it, many people would prefer to go all the way
    > and get a New York City or Los Angeles number.

    Hey! I am a Washington native and I resent that! Your description would
    be fitting for a PART of our wonderful state (the campus of a large
    software company in Redmond) but the rest of "The Evergreen State" is a
    nice place, even if two thirds of it is usually brown.

    Oh..., and the beavers are an Oregon thing.
    John Nelson, May 2, 2005
  8. SIP2PSTN

    Frans Keijer Guest

    Frans Keijer, May 4, 2005
  9. SIP2PSTN

    Zebedee Guest

    Telappliant (telappliant.com) provide UK numbers from most UK cities, as
    well as European numbers in around 8countries. I think they cater mainly for
    businesses though so nothing's free!

    Zebedee, May 7, 2005