    port forwarding but nothing else (IE RULES, SPI, & other options).
    I assume port fording is the same as pinholing??

    Any pointers to good hoto sites for this??

    Steve Robertson, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Steve Robertson

    Legs Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:10:35 GMT, (Steve Robertson)
    wrote:

    >Hi. Ive just bought a Billion 7100s. It has some hardware firewall
    >functions in it.
    >I cant for the life of me find any sites that show how to setup the firewall
    >functions. Billions website is hopeless, nothing in various support forums.
    >Google just gives the usual hits of onsite retailers.
    >I have found sites that show hoto do
    >port forwarding but nothing else (IE RULES, SPI, & other options).
    >I assume port fording is the same as pinholing??
    >
    >Any pointers to good hoto sites for this??

    As a port of 2nd call - I would suggest you have a look at :

    http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

    I don't know how their description of the setup compares but can't
    hurt to have a look

    cheers

    ---------------------------
    Bacon and egg sandwiches -

    A lifetime's commitment for the pig,
    a day's work for the chicken.
    Run of the mill for the bread.

    Legs, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Steve Robertson

    Tiddlywink Guest

    As a port of 2nd call - I would suggest you have a look at :

    > http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
    >
    > I don't know how their description of the setup compares but can't
    > hurt to have a look
    >
    > cheers
    > ---------------------------
    > Bacon and egg sandwiches -
    >
    > A lifetime's commitment for the pig,
    > a day's work for the chicken.
    > Run of the mill for the bread.

    Thanks Legs while not OP, I found it a useful reference.

    Tiddlywink, Oct 11, 2004
  4. Steve Robertson, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Steve Robertson

    Hmmm Guest

    What exactly do you want to know?
    I am using billion firmware..

    Their SPI firewall is on by default, otherwise your options are to setup
    packet filtering etc and intrusion detection etc.

    Also if you are using version 300 of their firmware (can see in status),
    you should setup a dmz to a non existant ip on your lan, as that will
    stealth your ports above 1024.

    port forwards are just pinholes yes.

    If you want the manual icq me on 861168 and i can forward it on to you.
    its very in depth.

    Hmmm, Oct 11, 2004
  6. Steve Robertson

    samg Guest

    (Steve Robertson) wrote in

    > Hi. Ive just bought a Billion 7100s. It has some hardware firewall
    > functions in it.
    > I cant for the life of me find any sites that show how to setup the
    > firewall functions. Billions website is hopeless, nothing in various
    > support forums. Google just gives the usual hits of onsite retailers.
    > I have found sites that show hoto do
    > port forwarding but nothing else (IE RULES, SPI, & other options).
    > I assume port fording is the same as pinholing??
    >
    > Any pointers to good hoto sites for this??

    heres the australian site for these routers, try the forums for help.

    http://www.ausadsl.info/index.php

    heres another page that might help

    http://www.moremaps.com/billion.html

    samg, Oct 11, 2004
  7. Steve Robertson

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:10:35 +0000, Steve Robertson wrote:

    > Hi. Ive just bought a Billion 7100s. It has some hardware firewall
    > functions in it.

    Use them.

    > I cant for the life of me find any sites that show how to setup the firewall
    > functions. Billions website is hopeless, nothing in various support forums.
    > Google just gives the usual hits of onsite retailers.

    Shit, looks like you are balanced on the cutting edge. Hang in there.

    Gordon, Oct 12, 2004
  8. In article <>, Gordon <> wrote:
    >On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:10:35 +0000, Steve Robertson wrote:
    >
    >> Hi. Ive just bought a Billion 7100s. It has some hardware firewall
    >> functions in it.

    >Use them.

    I want to. The manuals they come with & from the support site are
    simplistic
    eg: Dothingy whatsit option. To turn this on tick the box. (nothing on how to
    configure the dothingy option)

    Steve Robertson, Oct 12, 2004
  9. Steve Robertson

    Hmmm Guest

    Steve Robertson wrote:
    > In article <>, Gordon <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:10:35 +0000, Steve Robertson wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi. Ive just bought a Billion 7100s. It has some hardware firewall
    >>>functions in it.

    >>Use them.

    > I want to. The manuals they come with & from the support site are
    > simplistic
    > eg: Dothingy whatsit option. To turn this on tick the box. (nothing on how to
    > configure the dothingy option)

    So what exactly are you wanting to do?

    The router is pretty straightforward, theres not much they can go into
    depth about in their manusls really...

    Hmmm, Oct 12, 2004