    Very new to voip and learning new acronyms by the minute.

    Thanks for any help.

    Adam
    Adam Aglionby, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Adam Aglionby

    themgt Guest

    Adam Aglionby wrote:
    > Ebuyer have attractive looking price >30GBP, on Zoom XV5 5565 ADSL
    > router with VOIP
    >
    > http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=62676

    Ooooh, cheap. Cheaper than a secondhand ATA on eBay.

    > Is it possible to frankenstein this on to the back of a D-Link wifi
    > router connected , ethernet, to Teleworst cable modem?

    One of the ethernet ports would have to be MDI wouldn't it ? It doesn't
    say in the datasheet on Zoom's website. Also the picture of the back
    panel comes up blank for some reason.
    themgt, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Adam Aglionby

    Ian Guest

    "Adam Aglionby" <> wrote in message
    > Ebuyer have attractive looking price >30GBP, on Zoom XV5 5565 ADSL
    > router with VOIP

    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=62676

    > Is it possible to frankenstein this on to the back of a D-Link wifi
    > router connected , ethernet, to Teleworst cable modem?
    >
    > Need wifi connection for laptop, like idea of DECT phone available on
    > voip, like distinctive ring and QoS router should provide.But tightwad
    > looking for cheapest way of doing it.
    >
    > Very new to voip and learning new acronyms by the minute.

    I would say not. the ATA part of this type of units are on the wan side,
    what you need is a V3 version which is for cable modems. Or any other ATA/
    router. GS 486. for example for that matter.

    Ian
    Ian, Aug 24, 2005