    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 15, 2004

  2. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Enkidu Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:58:37 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/34861.html
    >
    >"Zon is charging €1.79 per hour in the evening and weekends (and more on
    >work days), while unmetered ADSL access from Zon cost as low as €14.95
    >per month. It also charges a connection fee per session of €0.25. This
    >is to avoid that subscribers log in shortly to get their email and save
    >money."

    Seems a bit silly to have an "always on" system then charge by the
    hour. That works out at 720 Euros a month! Telecom would LOOOVE that
    plan.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods. I don't think
    that I could cope with twice.

    Enkidu, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Enkidu wrote:

    > Seems a bit silly to have an "always on" system then charge by the
    > hour. That works out at 720 Euros a month! Telecom would LOOOVE that
    > plan.

    The only thing always on about ADSL is that most people get a router. You can
    get a dialup router and have always on dialup if you want to.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Jan 16, 2004
  4. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:01:00 +1300, Richard Malcolm-Smith
    <> wrote:

    >Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >> Seems a bit silly to have an "always on" system then charge by the
    >> hour. That works out at 720 Euros a month! Telecom would LOOOVE that
    >> plan.

    >The only thing always on about ADSL is that most people get a router. You can
    >get a dialup router and have always on dialup if you want to.

    Oh, like ISDN was promoted as "always on if you need it". hehe!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 16, 2004