    this on any other DVD movies??

    E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

    whayface, Oct 21, 2004

  2. whayface

    Mook23 Guest

    "whayface" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Just purchased the Garfield movie DVD and see that they have it set up so

    that you have to
    > watch the ads / movie trailers. You can not fast forward or use the menu

    option until all
    > the ads / movie trailers are finished and the actual movie starts. Anyone

    else run into
    > this on any other DVD movies??

    > E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    > Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

    It's pretty common these days. Some people will actually rip and burn
    another copy without the annoying shit at the beginning.

    Mook23, Oct 21, 2004

  3. whayface

    Matt Ackeret Guest

    In article <>,
    whayface <News group please> wrote:
    >Just purchased the Garfield movie DVD and see that they have it set up so that
    >you have to watch the ads / movie trailers. You can not fast forward or use
    >the menu option until all the ads / movie trailers are finished and the actual
    >movie starts.

    Can you use the chapter-advance button, or hit STOP then menu?

    That works around some of them.

    Personally, I'd say RETURN it for this reason and tell them that's why
    you're returning it.

    Matt Ackeret, Oct 22, 2004
  4. whayface

    FAQmeister Guest

    "whayface" <> wrote in message
    > Just purchased the Garfield movie DVD and see that they have it set
    > up so that you have to watch the ads / movie trailers. You can not
    > fast forward or use the menu option until all the ads / movie
    > trailers are finished and the actual movie starts. Anyone else run
    > into this on any other DVD movies??

    But why would anyone even buy that terrible movie?

    They ought to give it away if they're going to force you to sit through
    their commercials.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

    FAQmeister, Oct 22, 2004
  5. whayface

    Mark W Guest

    "whayface" <> wrote in message

    > Just purchased the Garfield movie DVD and see that they have it set up so
    > that you have to
    > watch the ads / movie trailers. You can not fast forward or use the menu
    > option until all
    > the ads / movie trailers are finished and the actual movie starts. Anyone
    > else run into
    > this on any other DVD movies??

    Are any of the trailers worth watching? Compared with 'Garfield - the movie'
    that is!

    Mark W, Oct 23, 2004