    other similar to it.

    Eric
    , Jul 9, 2005

  2. Fuzzy Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi, I am thinking of buying an ADS instant DVD, USB video capture device. I
    > was reading some of the reviews on TigerDirect and most of the complaints
    > seem to be related to the software. Does anybody have any experience with
    > this unit. I would be happy to hear about your experience with this unit or
    > other similar to it.
    >
    > Eric

    I have this unit and have tranferred over 100 vhs tapes to dvd using it.
    There is a learning curve with the software that is supplied with the
    unit but it does do what it says it will do. It will work witht the
    supplied software but if you try and upgrade the software it has been my
    experience the updated software won't see the unit. The one downfall is
    that it does the transfer in real time, if you copying a 1 hour tape it
    will take it an hour to transfer it to your computer plus the time for
    the software to encode and copy the files to dvd. Hope this is of some help.
    Fuzzy, Jul 10, 2005

  3. Alpha Guest

    "Fuzzy" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> Hi, I am thinking of buying an ADS instant DVD, USB video capture device.
    >> was reading some of the reviews on TigerDirect and most of the complaints
    >> seem to be related to the software. Does anybody have any experience
    >> with
    >> this unit. I would be happy to hear about your experience with this unit
    >> or
    >> other similar to it.
    >>
    >> Eric

    > I have this unit and have tranferred over 100 vhs tapes to dvd using it.
    > There is a learning curve with the software that is supplied with the unit
    > but it does do what it says it will do. It will work witht the supplied
    > software but if you try and upgrade the software it has been my experience
    > the updated software won't see the unit. The one downfall is that it does
    > the transfer in real time, if you copying a 1 hour tape it will take it an
    > hour to transfer it to your computer plus the time for the software to
    > encode and copy the files to dvd. Hope this is of some help.

    It works well. There is a special audio chip that makes very clean audio.

    The downfall mentioned demonstrates the lack of understanding of the
    the universe capture faster than the source (sheesh...it is unbelievable
    what you read on here).

    You really must use the capture program included (and upgrade it to 3.5
    Capwiz free from the web). This is very typical of all capture cards.

    It works in a superior fashion for me. I have never, ever had a sync
    problem, unlike many other devices. It ignores copy protection.

    Make sure you have USB 2!
    Alpha, Jul 10, 2005
  4. Guest

    Hi guys, here is my update, I purchased the ADS unit, it worked for about 6
    videos, Staples would not do anything for me, I had to send it to
    California. They replaced it with an exact unit and it worked for 1.5
    video. I wrote to them again and was told that if I wanted to send it back
    to request a work order number and this time it would not cost me anything
    to send it, $20 the first time. That was in December, 2006 while it was
    still on waranttee. I wrote to them about 6 times since and never hear one
    word. The units were junk, they were known for overheating. When they
    replaced my unit they should have replaced it with a new model but they did
    not. I will never buy another ADS unit of any type and whenever I am at
    Staples or any store that sell their units I always tell customers looking
    at these to leave them there because their units are no good and no service.
    I had bought that unit to use while recouperating from an operation, I had
    3 months to transfer my video but needless to say it never got done when I
    had all kinds of time to do it.

    DO NOT BUT ANY ADS UNITS _ PURE JUNK

    Eric
    , Feb 10, 2008
  5. Alpha Guest

    <> wrote in message news:lDtrj.5871$FO1.3309@edtnps82...
    > Hi guys, here is my update, I purchased the ADS unit, it worked for about
    > 6
    > videos, Staples would not do anything for me, I had to send it to
    > California. They replaced it with an exact unit and it worked for 1.5
    > video. I wrote to them again and was told that if I wanted to send it
    > back
    > to request a work order number and this time it would not cost me
    > anything
    > to send it, $20 the first time. That was in December, 2006 while it was
    > still on waranttee. I wrote to them about 6 times since and never hear
    > one
    > word. The units were junk, they were known for overheating. When they
    > replaced my unit they should have replaced it with a new model but they
    > did
    > not. I will never buy another ADS unit of any type and whenever I am at
    > Staples or any store that sell their units I always tell customers looking
    > at these to leave them there because their units are no good and no
    > service.
    > I had bought that unit to use while recouperating from an operation, I had
    > 3 months to transfer my video but needless to say it never got done when I
    > had all kinds of time to do it.
    >
    > DO NOT BUT ANY ADS UNITS _ PURE JUNK
    >
    > Eric

    I have such a unit...it is four years old. (Staples should not be selling
    this, since it was discontinued almost a year ago).

    I also have the ADS instant DVD+Mp3 which I have had for two years.

    FYI.
    Alpha, Feb 10, 2008