    Tokina AT-X 80-200 Zoom f2.8. Can any of these be adopted to one of the
    DSLR’s? (Which one) If so, is it worth the effort or expense, and will I
    then be able to use the lenses on both the 35mm and the DSLR?

    Wwso149874, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Wwso149874

    George Guest

    Adopting lenses??? Assuming you mean "adapted", your Nikon manual focus
    lenses, assuming that they are AI, will fit on Nikon dslr cameras and will
    meter on the D2h, D1x, D1h, and I believe on the D1. They'll also fit on
    the Nikon D100 but won't meter. Some Kodak cameras (I believe the DCS-14n,
    for example) will also accept Nikon lenses. On the Nikon cameras, the focal
    length will be multiplied by about 1.5x...on the Kodak DCS-14n their
    coverage will be the same as on a 35mm camera.

    "Wwso149874" <> wrote in message
    > I have several manual focus Nikor lenses, 28mm f2.0, 50mm f1.4, 200mm f4,

    and a

    George, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Wwso149874

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    "George" <> wrote:

    > Adopting lenses??? Assuming you mean "adapted", your Nikon manual focus
    > lenses, assuming that they are AI, will fit on Nikon dslr cameras and will
    > meter on the D2h, D1x, D1h, and I believe on the D1. They'll also fit on
    > the Nikon D100 but won't meter. Some Kodak cameras (I believe the DCS-14n,
    > for example) will also accept Nikon lenses. On the Nikon cameras, the focal
    > length will be multiplied by about 1.5x...on the Kodak DCS-14n their
    > coverage will be the same as on a 35mm camera.
    >
    > "Wwso149874" <> wrote in message
    > > I have several manual focus Nikor lenses, 28mm f2.0, 50mm f1.4, 200mm f4,

    > and a
    > > Tokina AT-X 80-200 Zoom f2.8. Can any of these be adopted to one of the
    > > DSLR's? (Which one) If so, is it worth the effort or expense, and will I
    > > then be able to use the lenses on both the 35mm and the DSLR?

    Novoflex makes adapters to put Nikon lenses on Canon EOS mount, Leica M
    mount, Canon EX mount, Canon XL-1 mount cameras.

    Of course these are "dumb" adapters. They simply put the lens on the
    camera so that you can focus to infinity. There are no couplings for the
    meter, focus, etc.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Wwso149874

    PlaneGuy Guest

    Not fully familiar with the Nikon mounts, but with very few exceptions, all
    Nikon F mount lenses will fit an all the Nikon, Fuji and (later) Kodak
    DSLRs. There are some limitations in howthey will work however, as I belive
    the older lenses (Manual Focus maybe) and all those without microchips in
    the lens may not let you do autometering, and may require you to stop down
    the lens manually.

    At the moment I can't recall where I saw a compatability chart, but if I do,
    I'll post it.

    PlaneGuy, Dec 22, 2003
  5. << Novoflex makes adapters to put Nikon lenses on Canon EOS mount, Leica M
    mount, Canon EX mount, Canon XL-1 mount cameras. >>

    Bob & George-

    Go to the Novoflex web site at
    http://www.novoflex.de/english/html/products.htm, and click on Adapters.

    You can then choose your camera and see if an adapter for your other-brand lens
    is available. I found that for Canon EOS, the Nikon and Leica-R lenses were
    listed. For those combinations, the EOS/NIK and EOS/LER adapters are
    available. Other adapters are available for larger-format lenses.

    The B&H web site shows the EOSNIK at $217.00 List, selling at $179.95.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Wwso149874

    George Guest

    Didn't sound to me like he was asking if he could use Leica MF lenses on
    Canon digital cameras or Minolta MF lenses on Nikon digital cameras. It is
    difficult enough to get sufficient functionality from same-brand MF lenses
    on digital AF slr bodies without complicating the mix with lenses designed
    for different mount-to-filmplane (or sensor) distances. Yes, you can get
    adapters and use Hasselblad lenses on your Nikon and other oddball
    combinations, but I'd restrict that sort of use to film but that is just
    me...

    George, Dec 24, 2003