ADOBE the program that won't die

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Donald Wilkinson, Nov 11, 2009.

  1. I installed a trial copy of Adobe Photoshop 64 bit on my new Win 7 computer.
    Now I want to uninstall it. It refuses to uninstall because Adobe Speed
    Launcher is running in the background. I CAN’T FIND THIS BLOODY SPEED
    LAUNCHER!!!

    1) How do I find it so I can kill it?

    Or

    2) How do I prevent it form starting up when I restart my computer? (
    My start folder is empty)

    Please help me get this virus off my new machine!!!!!

    Donald Wilkinson, Nov 11, 2009

  2. Donald Wilkinson

    Kue2 Guest

    Find it here: "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader
    9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe".

    Kue2, Nov 11, 2009

  3. Donald Wilkinson

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Donald:
    You should be able to stop the process in Task Manager.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4597 (20091111) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Nov 11, 2009
  4. Thank you!

    That answer was so obvious (and it worked) that I'm embarrassed to have had
    to ask the question.

    DonW

    Donald Wilkinson, Nov 11, 2009
  5. Donald Wilkinson

    ShellP Guest

    Re: ADOBE the program that won't die

    On Nov 11, 4:49 pm, "Donald Wilkinson" <> wrote:
    > Thank you!
    >
    > That answer was so obvious (and it worked) that I'm embarrassed to have had
    > to ask the question.
    >
    > DonW
    >
    > "Dennis Pack" <> wrote in message

    > > Donald:
    > >        You should be able to stop the process in Task Manager.

    > > --
    > > Dennis Pack
    > > Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
    > > "Donald Wilkinson" <> wrote in message

    > >> I installed a trial copy of Adobe Photoshop 64 bit on my new Win 7
    > >> computer. Now I want to uninstall it. It refuses to uninstall because
    > >> Adobe Speed Launcher is running in the background.  I CAN'T FIND THIS
    > >> BLOODY SPEED LAUNCHER!!!

    > >> 1)      How do I find it so I can kill it?

    > >> Or

    > >> 2)      How do I prevent it form starting up when I restart my computer?
    > >> ( My start folder is empty)

    > >> Please help me get this virus off my new machine!!!!!

    > >> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
    > >> signature database 4597 (20091111) __________

    > >> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

    > >>http://www.eset.com

    > > signature database 4597 (20091111) __________

    > >http://www.eset.com- Hide quoted text -

    We all have day, like that. Good Luck.

    ShellP, Nov 14, 2009
  6. Donald Wilkinson

    John Barnes Guest

    You can permanently stop it from starting up by running msconfig

    John Barnes, Nov 15, 2009